+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Guys
I'm a May 9 applicant who has not received SA yet :(
My application became in process since July 26, 2019 and received AOR in July. I know that CIC was waiting to get my social assistance clearance from my Province for 6 months and they received my clearance in February but nothing after that. I even asked my MP to followup with my application but CIC responded to him that my application is in process and within normal processing time
I believe I'm the only May 9 applicant in this situation and I'm so frustrated.
Is there any applicant with application received in May here who has been waiting for SA ?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi Guys
I'm a May 9 applicant who has not received SA yet :(
My application became in process since July 26, 2019 and received AOR in July. I know that CIC was waiting to get my social assistance clearance from my Province for 6 months and they received my clearance in February but nothing after that. I even asked my MP to followup with my application but CIC responded to him that my application is in process and within normal processing time
I believe I'm the only May 9 applicant in this situation and I'm so frustrated.
Is there any applicant with application received in May here who has been waiting for SA ?
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXX on May 17, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on September 11, 2019.

NO SA YET

I have 3 files with them right now.
Parents Sponsorship
Spouse Outland Sponsorship
Citizenship
All Stuck in in-process

Reactions: Roya-FSW

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXX on May 17, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on September 11, 2019.

NO SA YET

I have 3 files with them right now.
Parents Sponsorship
Spouse Outland Sponsorship
Citizenship
All Stuck in in-process
Mine is exactly the same just the dates are received on May 9, 2019 and then started processing the application on July 26, 2019.
I'm citizen and That's the only application that I have with CIC.

My CIC account shows background in progress since then.
The funny thing is that they insist the processing is 20 months and most of the applicants who sent their application even in July have already received SA and even PPR

Reactions: Paul09

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
This year they invited 27000 to reach 20000. Any leftover people will be given priority for 2020. That is what IRCC said. They would have accepted more applicants if they wanted more people not another draw later on in the year. The extra 7000 had nothing to do with a 3rd round. They added 7000 application out of the blue and raised the total to 17000 for last year. I call that an election year promise.

https://www.visasavenue.com/immigrationnews/parents-and-grandparents-program-canada-2018/
What does this 17000 cap 2018 has to do with inviting more people in 2019? They announced on August 20, 2018 that they are increasing the cap to 17,000 in 2018. has nothing to do with this year.

Also you are mentioning a website that is not a reliable source of information and news about IRCC. Here is the communication from Canada.ca website that is the official website of government of Canada:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2018/08/more-families-to-reunite-in-canada.html

In Canada, Citizens and Permanent residence have the right to ask for information from their government. Nobody has to wait in the dark for information about their applications. If there are 1 million inquiry, the government of Canada is obligated to answer those questions in a timely manner. Stop telling people here they need to wait and be patient. No No No, if you inquire about your file and get no answer, contact your MP and get them involved. MP and Government is obligated to give you the answer.

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
Here is another article from Canada.ca:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1463&top=14

This One explains what is Happening for 2019 PGP. There can be another round of invitation if they can't reach their quota of 20,000. Again No one would know how many complete application they have and how many of those will qualify.

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hello group, just checking if anyone in similar situation like mine:
Visa and COPR was received with expiry date 4th August 2020 but now due to Covid-19, all flight operations are suspended and there is no surety if flights will resume before expiry of my parent's Visa/COPR. Also their passports are expiring in January 2021.
Anyone with similar situation can suggest what is the best way to ask for extension? Will passport expiry in January 2021 cause any issue in COPR extension?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Mine is exactly the same just the dates are received on May 9, 2019 and then started processing the application on July 26, 2019.
I'm citizen and That's the only application that I have with CIC.

My CIC account shows background in progress since then.
The funny thing is that they insist the processing is 20 months and most of the applicants who sent their application even in July have already received SA and even PPR
I hope they will start processing our's file as well. I ordered GCMS notes and found that my sponsorship was approved in September but they added a note saying my parents are in Canada (Super Visa) to date XXXX-XX-XX. for review. I believe their system has some issues.

I do remember when they started taking bio-matrics for all applications and then they were in limbo whether to take bio from people already in Canada or not and waiving those fees. Eventually, they started taking that at Service Canada to make money but forgot to send us bio requests and kept our money.

So tired of all this delay and terrible service level.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
My file is stuck in process for PA since Dec 2019
medical, Bio, Additional docs were submitted in Dec
I am June 07 applicant
VO - Mississauga

Looks like CPC-M is processing very slow.
TBH I think CPC-M is not processing at all...I'm a May 14th applicant. Because of social assistance check my app didn't catch up with the mainstream. Mom's ME passed in late Jan/early Feb and not stuck in limbo.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone,

I was wondering if you someone has done this before if you have any experience, please share.

while waiting for application to be processed, my parents still have valid visa to visit Canada, do you think it is ok for them to visit for a few months? What happens when the application is processed and they are in Canada. Would their visit affect their application process? Thanks.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
hello everyone,

I was wondering if you someone has done this before if you have any experience, please share.

while waiting for application to be processed, my parents still have valid visa to visit Canada, do you think it is ok for them to visit for a few months? What happens when the application is processed and they are in Canada. Would their visit affect their application process? Thanks.
It doesn't affect at all. My parents came here during the process and got their PR this month.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
TBH I think CPC-M is not processing at all...I'm a May 14th applicant. Because of social assistance check my app didn't catch up with the mainstream. Mom's ME passed in late Jan/early Feb and not stuck in limbo.
Mine was delayed for 7 months (since July 26, 2019 to Feb. 2020) to get my social assistance clearance but even after that nothing has change No SA, biometrics, medical, nothing!
I'm really frustrated

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@canuck78

Can we extend super visa for 2 years also or is it just 1 year maximum extension?
My in-laws extended past 2 years already. Their 2 years were supposed to end on Dec 2019, we applied again and got extension for another year. so total 3 years.
And, they do not ask for medical insurance.

Reactions: PBB2020

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't affect at all. My parents came here during the process and got their PR this month.
wow thats really cool, congrats.

So the process can be done when they are here, that's great. I thought CIC would send request mail to their hometown. Thanks.