Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
When they moved to Canada as vistors, did you inform CIC about address change? If so, please advice what info should I fill in the web form, as my SA stage hasn't been improved. Should I inform CIC about the address change under my UCI? Thanks.
Yes and yes after they arrive in Canada.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My mom finally landed yesterday. Destination was Toronto but there was no direct flight so she landed in Montreal, completed landing and customs there and then took an air canada flight to Toronto and started her 14 days quarantine.

Question:
To apply for OHIP and SIN, does she have to finish 14 days and then apply? Is it possible to apply online? Is OHIP’s three months waiting is waived? Does it mean that she has OHIP now? How long it usually takes for PR card to arrive?

sorry too many questions!
Thanks guys!
SIN- You can apply online.
OHIP- you need to have address proof. Open her bank account immediately and you can apply after you receive her mailed monthly bank statement.
PR card is taking approx 3 months.

Reactions: deleter

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
SIN- You can apply online.
OHIP- you need to have address proof. Open her bank account immediately and you can apply after you receive her mailed monthly bank statement.
PR card is taking approx 3 months.
Does the bank statement have to be mailed? It will take a month for this to happen.
can we just have the bank print a current account derails?

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
TBH I think CPC-M is not processing at all...I'm a May 14th applicant. Because of social assistance check my app didn't catch up with the mainstream. Mom's ME passed in late Jan/early Feb and not stuck in limbo.
I'm May 29 applicant. My SA was also delayed due to social assistance clearance. My mom did biometrics in Jan, submitted PCC to CPC-M in Feb and passed the medical recently. I don't know which office her file is with as docs were requested by CPC-M whereas medical was done in Delhi.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Does the bank statement have to be mailed? It will take a month for this to happen.
can we just have the bank print a current account derails?
They accept mailed account statement only. I took my parents to Service Ontario last week and printed/stamped statement was not accepted. We have to wait for about a month.

Reactions: deleter

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Does anyone know how to tell which VO is assigned? Situation is that BM, PCC, IMM, etc were requested by and submitted by email to CPC-M and medical was done in Delhi. Which VO are we dealing with - CPC-M or NDVO?

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Does anyone know how to tell which VO is assigned? Situation is that PCC, IMM, etc were requested by and submitted by email to CPC-M and medical was done in Delhi. Which VO are we dealing with - CPC-M or NDVO?
You can find this information in the letter which the sponsor receives asking for PCC, biometric, RPRF, etc.

Salwan

Jun 17, 2020
I sponsored my husband in 2018 he done his boi metric in January after that it’s almost 6 months I didn’t hear anything .

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
To all who are waiting for a very very long time, CPC M is not back in normal (hack even minimal) operation yet. They are not giving any information about what is their level of service and only saying the Covid 19 situation impacting the processing time. Any enquiries is a waste of time at this point and everyone just have to wait.

Reactions: Leonora7

cece2016

Mar 8, 2016
I'm May 29 applicant. My SA was also delayed due to social assistance clearance. My mom did biometrics in Jan, submitted PCC to CPC-M in Feb and passed the medical recently. I don't know which office her file is with as docs were requested by CPC-M whereas medical was done in Delhi.
I am June 14 applicant and I am still waiting clearance from my social check. It sounds like from other experience, it takes normally 6-7 months for completion of social checks?

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
They accept mailed account statement only. I took my parents to Service Ontario last week and printed/stamped statement was not accepted. We have to wait for about a month.
Okay so we will wait for the mailed statement but do you know if our parents are OHIP insured while waiting? Or the coverage only starts when we actually complete service ontario application? Are they automatically covered from the date they landed?