+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Friends,
Does anyone has any updates on applications since this Covid crisis? any movement on applications?

Thanks much
There seems to be movement in Canada in the past few weeks. If your case is somewhere abroad where covid is very serious and the embassies/consulates are closed except for emergencies there is not much you can do. Most of the Canadian staff has gone back to Canada. Immigration isn't something that can easipy be done from home gor privacy reasons. I am sure there are currently meeting trying to decide how to process huge volumes of various types of applications from certain regions like India where covid is not controlled. Assume there will be an attempt to redustribute applications to other areas. There is a huge backlog of processing everwhere so before cases are redistributed centres need to catch up on their own processing.

Reactions: pegmog

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
There seems to be movement in Canada in the past few weeks. If your case is somewhere abroad where covid is very serious and the embassies/consulates are closed except for emergencies there is not much you can do. Most of the Canadian staff has gone back to Canada. Immigration isn't something that can easipy be done from home gor privacy reasons. I am sure there are currently meeting trying to decide how to process huge volumes of various types of applications from certain regions like India where covid is not controlled. Assume there will be an attempt to redustribute applications to other areas. There is a huge backlog of processing everwhere so before cases are redistributed centres need to catch up on their own processing.
Thanks for your helpful information. I am guessing that right now priority is being given to applicants already resident in Canada as no (or minimal?) background checks are required and at least something is then moving forward. We are applicants from June 6th and have passed medicals, supplied PCC and the sponsor (our son) has been approved; so we are at the background check stage which started back in mid-March and just awaiting approval for ourselves. I am aware that this could not be continued whilst agents were working from home (our visa office is CPC-Missisauga) owing to data protection but wonder if you know whether they have now returned to the office, or when they are likely to resume working from there. Many thanks again for your help.

Reactions: pegmog

FreshT

Oct 16, 2019
Hi all, my mom got the PR by email. It is dated June 10th. She was already residing in Canada so she was never asked for Passport Request and got her PR in one shot after the medical. Her confirmation letter includes the CoPR number.

@robertp @YULIA-2016
congrats ! I’m in the same boat, I wonder if IRCC knows that my parents are currently in Canada ? Couldn’t recall if they asked that question anywhere in the application package.

Reactions: mostafa2008

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi Guys, Any recent update from New Delhi Visa Office ? Are they working ? Waiting for IME and PCC for my parents.

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
congrats ! I’m in the same boat, I wonder if IRCC knows that my parents are currently in Canada ? Couldn’t recall if they asked that question anywhere in the application package.
This is one possibility is IRCC will anticipate where are the applicants is based on the mailing address. You should can see your current mailing address after CIC accouns sign in.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Thanks for your helpful information. I am guessing that right now priority is being given to applicants already resident in Canada as no (or minimal?) background checks are required and at least something is then moving forward. We are applicants from June 6th and have passed medicals, supplied PCC and the sponsor (our son) has been approved; so we are at the background check stage which started back in mid-March and just awaiting approval for ourselves. I am aware that this could not be continued whilst agents were working from home (our visa office is CPC-Missisauga) owing to data protection but wonder if you know whether they have now returned to the office, or when they are likely to resume working from there. Many thanks again for your help.
If there is something I have learned during this whole ordeal, it's that there is not such thing as "priority" on any of these cases

Reactions: iliveinbanff

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi all, my mom got the PR by email. It is dated June 10th. She was already residing in Canada so she was never asked for Passport Request and got her PR in one shot after the medical. Her confirmation letter includes the CoPR number.

@robertp @YULIA-2016
Wow I didn’t know they were doing that. Does your ECAS was showing that after decision made? My mom has decision made por PA and nothing after that. Maybe they are doing the same for us...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think that many are also stuck in the process in Canada. Background and security checks are dependent on many organizations in Canada and abroad. Some may not be available at the moment. Those receiving PR through inland landing were likely close to the end of processing in March.

Reactions: Leonora7