+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mmn

Mar 24, 2017
Hi , I have reached out to my area MLA in regards to SSC Checks for AB getting delayed.

He was able to help me out.

I would encourage you or any one else who are stuck with the issue do the same.
Hi . I'm June 3rd applicant and my file is in process since November 12. I didn't heard anything after that. Can you please tell in which city in Alberta you are and whom did you contacted and how they helped you. Thanks

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
It’s very hard in my case, my parents application is in New York and I’m not sure when they will reopen their visa application centres as they have been hit massively. Can I apply before 30 days ? But the processing time is 90 days that’s why I was taking precautions.
Apply 30 days before expiry and they will be here on implied status.
My parents visitor visas are expiring on 3 May and we have applied online for extention last week. Their passports have been with CPC-Ottawa since 19 March for issuing PRVs and COPRs.
We have used their PGP medicals for two extensions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s very hard in my case, my parents application is in New York and I’m not sure when they will reopen their visa application centres as they have been hit massively. Can I apply before 30 days ? But the processing time is 90 days that’s why I was taking precautions.
Not sure why you want to apply 30 days before if it not necessary. If you parents get COPR during that time you can land if you can go to the US border. Would recommend applying for the extension near the end of their supervisa expiration date.

madisson

May 27, 2019
we checked our ECAS today and there is an update - pR - decision Made.
We don't know when it is?
I am now scared what the decision is?

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Not sure why you want to apply 30 days before if it not necessary. If you parents get COPR during that time you can land if you can go to the US border. Would recommend applying for the extension near the end of their supervisa expiration date.
I actually do not want to apply before 30 days. But lawyers and consultant are advising to do this since the processing times has increased due to COVID-19. Lot of ppl are applying study permit extention, work permit and visit visa extention before 2-3 months. I actually hope to to receive COPR so I save my expense in extending the stay. But just worried at this point if i should do now or later. And if anyone did extension of supervisa recently . I do not know the process.

Thanks for your input tho @canuck78

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hello!
Did you Guys hear anything from London Office? I am in same boat, No updates since Oct 2019. PA DM in process
Should we be contacting someone?
My application processing date is Jan 29 and yours is 3 months older. I guess applications are just not moving if at all. Did you receive medical and pcc request? Maybe send the pcc upfront; it may make the file move.

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Apply 30 days before expiry and they will be here on implied status.
My parents visitor visas are expiring on 3 May and we have applied online for extention last week. Their passports have been with CPC-Ottawa since 19 March for issuing PRVs and COPRs.
We have used their PGP medicals for two extensions.
@vermas : i am in the same boat.
just have 2 quick questions regarding medical requirements for supervisa extension. Do they need medicals for supervisa extension?
second, you said you shared the PGP medicals, did you mean you shared IME Numbers of there medicals or actuals medical reports? Because I don’t think we have actual medical reports.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi guys,
@Robert
just have 2 quick questions regarding medical requirements for supervisa extension. Do they need medicals for supervisa extension?
second, you said you shared the PGP medicals, did you mean you shared IME Numbers of there medicals or actuals medical reports? Because I don’t think we have actual medical reports.
There is mention of medical for super visa extension. I got my mother's super visa extended last year without medical and I have applied again for extension now without medical. I submitted visitor's health insurance on both occasions though.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
@Robert

There is mention of medical for super visa extension. I got my mother's super visa extended last year without medical and I have applied again for extension now without medical. I submitted visitor's health insurance on both occasions though.

If needed you will be asked to provide a new medical.

Reactions: PBB2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I actually do not want to apply before 30 days. But lawyers and consultant are advising to do this since the processing times has increased due to COVID-19. Lot of ppl are applying study permit extention, work permit and visit visa extention before 2-3 months. I actually hope to to receive COPR so I save my expense in extending the stay. But just worried at this point if i should do now or later. And if anyone did extension of supervisa recently . I do not know the process.

Your parents get implied status when they apply for an extension so they can wait in Csnads while their extension is processed. There is no need to apply so early.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
For the first extension as well as current one, I attached copy of the document which was issued by the doctor who did IME. I didn't attach copy of medical insurance on both occasions.

Reactions: PBB2020

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019

My mom’s visa was expiring on Jan 02, 2020. I applied for extension on Dec 16, 2019. She got an answer back on Mar 16, 2020. 3 months exactly. She ended up being in implied status