+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
Hi everyone, my parents' application is under process of Hong Kong office. And I received an email asking to provide updated IMM 5669, 5406 and other documents like police certificate etc., which I heard it's a general email Hong Kong office send to every applicants processed by their office. I have a question related to the police certificate. My parent has come to Canada using visitor visa for a few times. Everytime they didn't stay for more than 6 months, however the aggregate time they stayed in Canada exceeded 6 months. In this case, do they need to obtain police certificate from Canada? If yes, how do they do that since they are not planning to come to Canada recently. Has anyone had the same situation before and if you could share your experience that would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance!

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, my parents' application is under process of Hong Kong office. And I received an email asking to provide updated IMM 5669, 5406 and other documents like police certificate etc., which I heard it's a general email Hong Kong office send to every applicants processed by their office. I have a question related to the police certificate. My parent has come to Canada using visitor visa for a few times. Everytime they didn't stay for more than 6 months, however the aggregate time they stayed in Canada exceeded 6 months. In this case, do they need to obtain police certificate from Canada? If yes, how do they do that since they are not planning to come to Canada recently. Has anyone had the same situation before and if you could share your experience that would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance!
No, the Canadian police certificate is not necessary.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hey Guys got my GCMS notes today and it did say something about SSC Checks with Alberta. I am wondering how can I escalate this.
It's been 4 months now and there is definitely something going on.
I have yet to receive my SA approval

CC: @CoolTF

Reactions: Verooney

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi team: Question.
I received a letter from IRCC stating I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and that my mum's application has been forwarded to the CPC in Pretoria (South Africa). That's all cool but the letter tells me to submit my undertaking to MIDI. This letter I just received is not an acceptance letter. Aren't I only supposed to submit to MIDI once I receive application acceptance from IRCC?

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hello Experts
Need Advice
Parent completed medical exam for visit visa application recently.
For the PR application, is still under process at LVO. No medical request received yet. Biometric completed. Can we proactively share the IME# via web form for the PR application that medical was completed (with visa application), so they can use it for PR app as well?. Can we do this proactively / without LVO asking for medical?

Thanks

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Hi Robert, Yulia, please kindly update row 340, after half year of wait, my parents finally passed the medical exam.

I have lost track of the application progress due to the COVID19, would you mind give me an idea what I should expect next?

Many thanks.

Reactions: robertp

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Its been 6 weeks, passports has been sent to Ottawa, no news. Hope to hear from them this week.
It looks like no PRV and COPR has been issued after 13th March. May be because in-land applicants have no available option to complete landing formalities.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
@Minsat09 @Smileforu I have seen that you had the same issue when your SA got stuck with Alberta Social Services.
I am curious to know how did you resolve this or was it resolved yet?
Please give us some guidance or help so my SA file can move forward.
Currently my SA has been stuck since last 5 months in progress..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi team: Question.
I received a letter from IRCC stating I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and that my mum's application has been forwarded to the CPC in Pretoria (South Africa). That's all cool but the letter tells me to submit my undertaking to MIDI. This letter I just received is not an acceptance letter. Aren't I only supposed to submit to MIDI once I receive application acceptance from IRCC?
No that’s not how it works.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Anyone else whose file stuck in process for 5 months now !! Mine is stuck since Oct 15. They have BC and AB social check on file now but still no progress. Also is it normal that my eligiblity is still in process where as some people getting their eligibility passed before back ground check . I have asked my MP to do follow up as well but its all coming same everytime. @robertp @YULIA-2016
Hi.
I apologize about bugging you again.
I have got my GCMS notes and it did say they are waiting on SSC Letter or Checks to be done from AB .
I want to know how did you resolve this in your case ? Do you have any contact no or email that you can share with me to get my letter or SSC check done ?
I really really need some help over here.
There are other members in these forums @CoolTF @Verooney who also stuck at the SSC checks

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi
My file is stuck in process since Nov. 8 & my lawyer said me to just wait.
Hi. I am from Calgary and I have ordered the GCMS notes as my SA got stuck "In Process" since last 4 months.
I have got the GCMS notes today and it did say they are waiting for SSC Checks to be done in AB.
I am not sure you are in the same boat or not.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Hi Robert, Yulia, please kindly update row 340, after half year of wait, my parents finally passed the medical exam.

I have lost track of the application progress due to the COVID19, would you mind give me an idea what I should expect next?

Many thanks.
HALF a year??!!! did they need to undergo additional tests?
thank you