+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Highlighted words are incorrect, you r right. It’s done to make sure that active TB gets treated prior to arrival to Canada
Nowhere did I say they could come if they had active TB. I said it wouldn’t prevent their application from being approved, but I wanted to offer reassurance by letting the person know that Canada provides free treatment, even to visitors.

Reactions: kulb and kimat

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
No, I can’t. But I know this as I was an infection control practitioner who did some work at the TB clinic while completing my education.
Nowhere did I say they could come if they had active TB. I said it wouldn’t prevent their application from being approved, but I wanted to offer reassurance by letting the person know that Canada provides free treatment, even to visitors.
well take it easy, if you have an active TB, you have to treat it according to Canadian treatments if you applied for student,worker,pr visa in order to get approved. My uncle took 2 yrs treatment before visa approved.
I have never heard visa visitors got free treatment if this happens many active TB will apply for a visitor visa to access free treatment.
Anyway, it does not matter from personal experiences. everything about Immigration Matters should be legalized and posted publicly on IRCC website.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Not essential travel.

Get the doctors office to send it again. Send a webform to CIC saying that your mother did medicals in December that should be good for 1 year.
Thank you for the response. I’ll try to contact the medical office she went in manila. Not sure if they are open since Philippines in on lockdown.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
I did it with the copy I got from my doctor on the first appointment. They were still valid like yours and IRCC accepted those
Thanks so much. My mom has her initial copy given from the place she did her medical in Manila.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
well take it easy, if you have an active TB, you have to treat it according to Canadian treatments if you applied for student,worker,pr visa in order to get approved. My uncle took 2 yrs treatment before visa approved.
I have never heard visa visitors got free treatment if this happens many active TB will apply for a visitor visa to access free treatment.
Anyway, it does not matter from personal experiences. everything about Immigration Matters should be legalized and posted publicly on IRCC website.
There was nothing mentioned about people with active TB being allowed to enter Canada in my post. I said testing positive wouldn’t prevent them from being approved. Yes, they would need to be treated prior to entering Canada.

And how would you know about visitors to Canada getting treated while visiting? Do you work in healthcare? Do you work on the TB unit at the hospital? No, of course you didn’t. Again, learn to read. I didn’t say people can apply for a visa with active TB and come. If a person is visiting Canada and is found to have active TB, we will treat them for free and hospitalize them for free. That is a fact. You want the exact policy, walk into any TB clinic in the country and ask the questions.

I was just trying to offer some education and reassurance on something I was trained in.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There was nothing mentioned about people with active TB being allowed to enter Canada in my post. I said testing positive wouldn’t prevent them from being approved. Yes, they would need to be treated prior to entering Canada.

And how would you know about visitors to Canada getting treated while visiting? Do you work in healthcare? Do you work on the TB unit at the hospital? No, of course you didn’t. Again, learn to read. I didn’t say people can apply for a visa with active TB and come. If a person is visiting Canada and is found to have active TB, we will treat them for free and hospitalize them for free. That is a fact. You want the exact policy, walk into any TB clinic in the country and ask the questions.

I was just trying to offer some education and reassurance on something I was trained in.
Most visitors with TB will be strongly encouraged to return hone to seek treatment. If they refuse to leave and don’t have private insurance that can be billed they will receive treatment for free so they don’t infect Canadians. Treatment is unlikely to be inpatient.

crown.parth

Aug 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have an idea if the application for Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) would affect your PGP 2019 application if it not complete yet?

Thank you in advance.

Parth

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
@canuck78
So, I'm just applying now and I realize two things as follows:

1. My mom's health insurance expires in July, should I get one for next year or can I just mention that I will get one after this one expires.
2. How much funds should I write in the section "Funds to support your stay". I am attaching my bank statement for that. Should it have a balance equal to what is in the "funds to support your stay " section.
Hi,
Based on personal experience, I have successfully requested for extension of visa (for 1 year extension and not for supervisa), without having to submit health insurance record. I don't think the online form necessitates uploading a medical imsurance record for extensiom of stay as visitor.
And yes, personally I have listed the total savings I have as funds available for my parent's stay.

Reactions: Hamied

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Most visitors with TB will be strongly encouraged to return hone to seek treatment. If they refuse to leave and don’t have private insurance that can be billed they will receive treatment for free so they don’t infect Canadians. Treatment is unlikely to be inpatient.
Again, this is untrue. We saw several visitors in the clinic and did not ask for any insurance. All of the medication and any related bloodwork was provided onsite. We would monitor the medication on each visit. For people requiring inpatient treatment, the hospital liaised with the clinics. Rounds were held between health authorities on a monthly basis.

Reactions: Rhill

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

I am going to interject myself into this thread. First of all, I thank you for your insight into healthcare specifically on TB. My dad had TB and I too was anxious to find out whether he'd be allowed into Canada. But, after reading more on it from Health Canada and other government agencies including CIC, I was quite relief to find out that testing positive with TB won't prevent him from immigration to Canada. Anyhow, I read the original thread with your reply. While it is true that you did not explicitly mentioned people with active TB are being allowed into Canada, it was hard to read what you really meant without the added explanation you made above. That leads to people reading your reply, perhaps out of context, but from the context of the whole conversation- not just from what you did or did not mention. Phrases like "learn to read" certainly do not help. We are lucky to have people from all walks of lives trying to help each other out. Thanks again for your help in this forum.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Mike0661

Dec 11, 2019
Got DM2 on first of March and no update yet. Just showing under background check! Application received on May 28.

Any idea?