+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
How long does it take to reflect on the file, after Biometric and Medicals are done (in India)? My Dad has done his biometric and medicals 2 weeks ago.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
How long does it take to reflect on the file, after Biometric and Medicals are done (in India)?
Bio : same day or next day.
Medical: depend on when clinic submit to CIC and if any additional text required or not. if not any additional test required it will update 3-5 day after clinic submit to CIC.

during lockdown it will take more time to update. New Delhi VO status.

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Bio : same day or next day.
Medical: depend on when clinic submit to CIC and if any additional text required or not. if not any additional test required it will update 3-5 day after clinic submit to CIC.

during lockdown it will take more time to update. New Delhi VO status.

Thanks for the reply. I did see on CIC, with bio-metric number so that means they have received it right? I haven't received any additional tests or so from Doctor.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think I need more people and then hire a lawyer who will write a collective letter on behalf of us all
PGP is essentially the least prioritized immigration program. If there was anything that would be prioritized is economic immigrants and spousal reunification. On top of that the last thing Canada wants is more elderly people arriving who could come with covid 19 and add to the strain on our hospital system. Wouldn’t waste your money on a lawyer. You can send a letter but it isn’t a priority. PGP 2020 info has been delayed because of bigger priorities so expect a similar response.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
it is taxable benefit as latest update dated March 29th 2020.

"
Support for people facing unemployment
The new Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
We will provide a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to:

• workers who must stop working due to COVID19 and do not have access to paid leave or other income support.
  • workers who are sick, quarantined, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19.
  • working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children that are sick or need additional care because of school and daycare closures.
  • workers who still have their employment but are not being paid because there is currently not sufficient work and their employer has asked them not to come to work.
  • wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance.
* This benefit replaces the previously announced Emergency Care Benefit and the Emergency Support Benefit.
"

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan/covid19-individuals.html
@robertp you think that this taxable income will be counted as my income in line 150 to sponsor for year 2020? Thanks

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Does anyone know if CPC-Ottawa is open now a days or not? I am awaiting return of my parents passports.

flexra

Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys, I did not receive any updates recently but i just wanted to update on my app status now that I got some time:

Username: flexra

AOR: Sep 30, 2019

Biometrics Request: Jan 29, 2020

Biometrics Taken: Jan 30, 2020

DM for Sponsor: Jan 31, 2020

Visa Office for PR: Mexico

Thank you

Reactions: robertp

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada