+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
No. it only says
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).

Can I apply PCC from Canadian RCMP for them, since they are not in Canada right now?
You don’t need to get a police certificate for your time in Canada. Unless they highlighted in the letter.

sld2013

Jul 10, 2019
You don’t need to get a police certificate for your time in Canada. Unless they highlighted in the letter.
thanks

And does anyone know about the Country Specific Requirements?
Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Are you able to do medical upfront without request from LVO Singapore? I thought u need a request with the medical form from IRCC to do medical.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Well He just did medical for super visa. Even the medical is valid but Ircc should send a medical request which I expected to send webform and hoped they would accep.Just check ghost update. I am a lucky one.

zhongjw

Mar 10, 2020
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Hi there,
Please add to the tracker,
Thanks!

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: China
Sponsor Province: ON
Invitations Receive Date: Apr. 24, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: May 31, 2019
AoR Received (DATE): Sep. 21, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision madeAppl. received / In process / Decision made
Ecas Status for PR Application: In processAppl. received / In process / Decision made
Sponsorship In process Date: Nov. 05, 2019
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
Local Visa Office Name: CPC-Mississauga
Biometric request : Nov. 14, 2019
MyCIC update: Nov. 20, 2019
IME request date : Nov. 25, 2019
IME Passed date: March 03, 2020
PCC request: Dec. 03, 2019
Additional document / travel history request date : Dec. 03, 2019Passport all page copy, PCC, Travel history ( IMM5562e), CV/ Resume, HUKOU
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese
Just got SA letter from CPC-Mississauga. In the letter, it requires me to to submit the following:
Passport/Travel Document
Biometrics
Police Certificate
Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562):
Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable)
CV/Resume

And I have some questions regarding those documents.
1. My parents stayed in Canada for more than 9 months. But this was about 2 years ago and they are now in China. Do they need to submit PCC for their stay in Canada too?
2. what is this Country Specific Requirements???
3. My parents never severed in military. So I can ignore IMM5545, right?

Thanks
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1560#post-8198912

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

jpana

Nov 12, 2019
Hi
My sponsorship approval letter came and is asking for pcc for my parents.
For Canada, should I go for one with the fingerprint or a regular criminal record check.
Thanks

Reactions: serious_cheese

krsna05

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2014
Doc's Request.
12-5-2015
Med's Request
26-5-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Can anyone please advise what is the turn around time for get your passport back after stamping at DELHI VFS

manchandapulkit

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Hi All, i got AOR for my application on Dec 3, 2019 with the delivered date as June 24,2019. After that i have got no update from CIC. The ecas just says Application Received and also it’s not linking to the Express Entry profile. Is it normal? Please help. Thanx

Starguy

Mar 12, 2020
Hi All - My application was received June 15th, 2019 and on 9 March I received a letter stating I'm approved as a sponsor and file transferred to London office. In addition, that have sent a letter last week for Bio metrics for my parents.

6 months back my mom was diagnosed with cancer - she's been through chemo and its shrinking now - and progressing.

- My question is does any one have any idea if this will affect her application?
- After bio metrics any idea when do they ask for ME (time period gap on average)

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Hi All - My application was received June 15th, 2019 and on 9 March I received a letter stating I'm approved as a sponsor and file transferred to London office. In addition, that have sent a letter last week for Bio metrics for my parents.

6 months back my mom was diagnosed with cancer - she's been through chemo and its shrinking now - and progressing.

- My question is does any one have any idea if this will affect her application?
- After bio metrics any idea when do they ask for ME (time period gap on average)
My file was in London and I got my request to do ME on Feb 4th, 2020 after:
- file was received in Ottawa in May
- Biometrics completed in Novemeber 2019