+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Social assistance means "any benefit, whether money, goods or services, provided to or on behalf of a person by a province under a program of social assistance. It includes assistance for food, shelter, clothing, fuel, utilities, household supplies, personal requirements and health care not provided by public health care.

EI, OSAP, Trillium Benefits, HST Rebate are not Social Assistance.

They do this check mainly when you sponsor somebody (or you were sponsored by someone) to see if the person you sponsor took any social assistance.
Who should I contact in province to send the clearance to IRCC??Is there any number or anyone went throught this process?

GCMS notes clearly mention that they are waiting for the province since Dec to get the social assistance check for me. The call center agent also confirmed that they are waiting to hear back from the province....

What should I do?

I never received any social assistance.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Who should I contact in province to send the clearance to IRCC??Is there any number or anyone went throught this process?

GCMS notes clearly mention that they are waiting for the province since Dec to get the social assistance check for me. The call center agent also confirmed that they are waiting to hear back from the province....

What should I do?

I never received any social assistance.
Call Social Services in Ontario and explain them that IRCC is waiting for a response from them.
416-212-7432
This is the phone number that someone else used from Ontario.

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
@robertp

Hello there

Just wondering If I need to let IRCC know that my mom received USA tourist visa last week?
Isn’t it this is one of the reason people hire immigration lawyers but people like you are saying it s waste of money and time? You should ask your immigration lawyer!

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019
Wondering if anyone has experienced this... I just got request for PCC however, everything else is still "under review". Is this odd as it sounds?

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results

We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents

We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.

Interview Help - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics Help - Biometrics

October 9, 2019 Completed.

Background check Help - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Help - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any input will be much appreciated

diveshsingh

Nov 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question relating to request for IMM5562 , do we need to fill individual form for both the parents, as in the form its mention need to be filled by principal applicant

Thanks in Advance

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I have a question: With all the travel advisories due to corona virus, is it advisable to call my parents here now as they have travel visas and then they can do the landing later? I am 5th June applicant , CPC-M, so the PP request may perhaps take another 2 months and don't want them to be stuck.

Lady19

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hi guys,
I got yesterday a letter from IRCC that my moms medicals results were not received buy responsible office. Exam was done on 27th Jan. I emailed doctor and she confirmed that she sent it on 30th Jan, is it anything that I can do? CPC-m

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi guys,
I got yesterday a letter from IRCC that my moms medicals results were not received buy responsible office. Exam was done on 27th Jan. I emailed doctor and she confirmed that she sent it on 30th Jan, is it anything that I can do? CPC-m
If results weren’t received how do they know which office is responsible?