+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp @YULIA-2016
Just wanted to keep you updated with my application(May 27, 2020)
Ecas Status for PR application : Decision Made (not sure when it changed... probably yesterday or today)
My CIC has no change(I hope it’s normal)
Biometrics were done in between October/November, as well as medical.

Thank you for your work, Ropertp and Yulia-2016.
please check you ecas / MyCIC and get your Bio / medical request date./ Medical passed date.
What is your Local VO name?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Just got am email from CPC Mississauga this morning asking for more Proof of Relationship and gave me 30 days to submit all the documents on or before 2nd Apr 2020.

I am sponsoring my parents from India

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member. As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
This must be received at this office by: 2020/04/02

I am wondering if anyone has received the same email today or earlier.

I am wondering how is CPC Mississauga's phone service as I may not have all the required documents.

I have my 10th, 11th and 12th Std/Class/Grade Mark Sheets, Character Certificate/Bonafide Certificate from High School where I have completed my Std/Class/Grade 9th and 10th, High School Leaving Certificate from where I have completed Std/Class/Grade 11th and 12th, University B.Sc. and M.Sc. Degree Certificates, Bonafide Certificate from a college where I have completed by B.Sc. I also have my old Voter ID (Elections card).

I wonder if these proofs will be sufficient. Though I don't have Fifth class and Middle standard certificates.

Any thoughts on this? Are they that much document specific?

Thanks,
In my case, they just asked for the birth certificate of the sponsor as a proof of relationship to the principal applicant.

I received this email on Feb 14, when I was expecting request for biometrics.

No update after that. AOR - June 13.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi Everyone, I received a letter from cic and they requested me to submit my Aadhaar card, Voter id card and school certificates to prove my relationship with a principal applicant (which is my mom).

I don't have Aadhaar card but I do have a voter Id card and school certificates from India. In order to get an Aadhaar card, I need to go to India. They mentioned in the letter that these documents are deemed required. What should I do? Please advise.

Thank you in advance!!
Do Voter ID cards, Aadhaar cards and school certificates have mother's name on them? My school certificate only has my father's name on it. I don't understand how these documents prove relationship if one is sponsoring their mother?

In my opinion, the only document to prove relationship is a birth certificate. Did you send them your birth certificate with the sponsorship application?

I am sponsoring my mother only (father is deceased). So far, I have only provided them my birth certificate which shows both parents' names.

Reactions: indianinmonteal

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
@robertp
Line206 . Please update PPR on Mar 2. Thanks!

QQ : After submitting the PGP application, I moved to a new address few months back. After moving, I submitted my new address via the web form and also called CIC to confirm the same to make sure they have the right address for me as a sponsor and for my parents. (who are not in Canada). However, in the PPR letter I noticed that the address they have mentioned is my previous address and not the updated one below the principal applicant name. My question is, do I need to worry about this OR I can leave this as is and can go ahead with the passport submission process?

Reactions: robertp

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@robertp

QQ : After submitting the PGP application, I moved to a new address few months back. After moving, I submitted my new address via the web form and also called CIC to confirm the same to make sure they have the right address for me as a sponsor and for my parents. (who are not in Canada). However, in the PPR letter I noticed that the address they have mentioned is my previous address and not the updated one below the principal applicant name. My question is, do I need to worry about this OR I can leave this as is and can go ahead with the passport submission process?
Did you update the contact info for the PA?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp

When did you get DM for PR? date!!
what is your Medical Passed date as per MyCIC?

sourav987

Star Member
Sep 28, 2010
Do Voter ID cards, Aadhaar cards and school certificates have mother's name on them? My school certificate only has my father's name on it. I don't understand how these documents prove relationship if one is sponsoring their mother?

In my opinion, the only document to prove relationship is a birth certificate. Did you send them your birth certificate with the sponsorship application?

I am sponsoring my mother only (father is deceased). So far, I have only provided them my birth certificate which shows both parents' names.

I did the same. we are on same situation now. keep posting here.