+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Hello everyone my file was received June 17. In october they ask for representative form which was submitted nothing after that. Ircc say application marked complete since Dec 1 . No aor nothing. My father passed away Jan 19 . Updated forms has been sent to IRcc and they received. When can I expect something. Will be almost a year in june 2020
Mine was received in June 19...have you checked ecas? What does those say?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone my file was received June 17. In october they ask for representative form which was submitted nothing after that. Ircc say application marked complete since Dec 1 . No aor nothing. My father passed away Jan 19 . Updated forms has been sent to IRcc and they received. When can I expect something. Will be almost a year in june 2020
I am sorry for your loss. Did you send in death certificate?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Your brother is successfully included in the application?? Hopefully

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
@robertp, please update the spreadsheet(line 717),
I received my sponsor approval letter today Feb 27, 2020. My LVO is Kingston.

I also received Biometrics request letter on Feb 13, 2020, however, my mom has not been able to complete it, as she has a broken right wrist.

I asked for an extension thru web form. IRCC answered without giving a new deadline date, just saying she should get it done as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertp

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Hi

When was your file received by CIC and when did your ECAS changed to in process?

Good luck for the process
Hi

When was your file received by CIC and when did your ECAS changed to in process?

Good luck for the process
Thank you, here is my application info:

Interest to sponsor Submission:
28/01/2019​
Invitations Receive Date:
24/04/2019​
Application received in Ottawa Date:
02/05/2019​
AoR Received (DATE):
11/07/2019​
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Decision Made
Ecas Status for PR Application.In Process
Sponsorship In process Date:
19/08/2019​
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
18/02/2020​
Biometric request :No
MyCIC update:No
IME request date :No
IME Passed date:No
PCC request:No

Reactions: serious_cheese

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Same boat here. Hoping all can be done from within Canada. My mother got her biometrics request but after I paid the fee, they sent her a Biometrics Information Form with no IRCC number so Service Canada here could do nothing. I submitted a webform and am waiting.
Thanks for sharing this info, we haven't been asked for the biometrics or medical yet, however I thought that the Biometrics are good for 10 years and the Medical test is good for 1 year. They got their biometrics done when they got the SuperVisa in late 2017. Not sure if they will ask for it again but reading your comment tells me there is a chance they will.

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
hi.
my inlaws (tracker entry kunalap #2) got medical request on 18th Feb. Medical completed on 20th Feb.
Status updated online today as medical passed.
Missisauga office.

Now we wait for file to go to Delhi? 3 month wait?
My parents finished on 24th Dec but no movement since then.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp please update tracker. thanks.

Reactions: robertp

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
hi.
my inlaws (tracker entry kunalap #2) got medical request on 18th Feb. Medical completed on 20th Feb.
Status updated online today as medical passed.
Missisauga office.

Now we wait for file to go to Delhi? 3 month wait?
My parents finished on 24th Dec but no movement since then.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp please update tracker. thanks.
also, can either of my parents now visit canada? before DM and PPR? Can the PPR happen when in canada?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Thanks for sharing this info, we haven't been asked for the biometrics or medical yet, however I thought that the Biometrics are good for 10 years and the Medical test is good for 1 year. They got their biometrics done when they got the SuperVisa in late 2017. Not sure if they will ask for it again but reading your comment tells me there is a chance they will.
BIO from any visa category is not acceptable for the PR applications and they have to redo it. CIC exempts many parents last year when they are in Canada and there are no BIO facilities. As there are BIO facility available, you can expect to get the BIO request again.

Reactions: JuneApplicantCEC

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Re posting: Original Post

Background Check Explained

As many PGP 2019 applicants passed the medical and waiting in the “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information”, this is the time to explain what happening in the Background Check (BGC).

BGC is another one of those terms sometimes used in a specific sense, which typically is in reference to the RCMP criminal history check and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) security check, BUT is also used in a more generic sense in respect to the verification and assessment process which is done by IRCC processing agents.

If there are inquiries or research into open sources, like online media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn , those are ordinarily done by an IRCC processing agent in the local office which is processing the application. This would be part of the "background checks" done in general, IRCC's assessment and verification of the information provided by the applicant. This can range very widely and can include making telephone calls to employers, doing research to verify addresses, telephoning the applicant, including typical Internet searching for information about the applicant.

In addition to the form RCMP and CSIS clearances, there may be also the Global Case Management System (GCMS) check . GCMS also screens Field Operations Support System (FOSS) entries, which can include border crossing notes or criminal name-record hits.

The scope of the BGC in the broader, more generic sense, can range from minimal to extensive, depending on whether a processing agent sees something raising a concern or question and their is no fixed timeline for this.

Note: After COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) the landing visa will be valid for 12 months from your medical passed date. So it is reasonable to expect that BGC will be done within 2-4 months so that the applicant get enough time to prepare themselves for landing.

-------------
What is FOSS?

The FOSS database is a central repository of information on all persons who have been, may be or are wanted to be seen by Immigration staff. FOSS is the main operational support system for immigration operations in Canada. The system is comprised of numerous components including query functions, status entry, document creation, refugee monitoring, case processing support, medical profiles, registry functions, client name and address, statistical functions, airport primary inspection line functions, access and security, appeals and litigation, quality assurance and records maintenance. FOSS also provides query capabilities for lost, stolen and fraudulent documents. All Immigration staff that work with the public and the staff that support these officers use FOSS. It is also used at all international airports by customs inspectors and by a number of specialized groups, such as: Case Management, Query Response Center, Social Insurance Registry, Immigration Health, Immigration Statistics, External Affairs Protocol, Canadian consulates in various locations in the United States.