+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi @robertp, hi all,just got back moms passport with visa. :) thank you very much to this group for all your help.
I am thinking if we can do flag poling from toronto? Can anybody share their experience?can we do it on a weekend? Thank you so much
kingston is a good place for flagpoling. they are 24*7 and work on weekends too.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Reactions: eila and bdidol

BigB1

Jul 19, 2019
Hi @robertp, hi all,just got back moms passport with visa. :) thank you very much to this group for all your help.
I am thinking if we can do flag poling from toronto? Can anybody share their experience?can we do it on a weekend? Thank you so much
@eila You can only do flagpoling near Toronto borders (Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and Rainbow Bridge) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html

CBSA officers are strict on timing. If you arrive on Canada Border (after flagpoling at US border) before 8:00 AM (even 7:50) they will turn you back.
They turned me back and I again went to US border (which was not a problem) and arrive back at 8:05 AM and it was all fine.
They take in limited number of people so try to time your arrival as close to 8:00 AM as possible.

I did it on Queenston-Lewiston Bridge.

You can wait at duty free shop on Canada side if required.

Reactions: raj_g and eila

eila

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/05/2015
AOR Received.
aor 2 - aug. 12, '15
File Transfer...
31/07/2015
Med's Done....
20/04/2015
Would avoid the weekend. Borders are not really supposed to be used for flagpoling although you can do it. Borders often limit when you can flagpole and since it is not their primary role they can make you wait all day if they are busy. Make sure you have no other commitments that day.
Thank you very much :)

eila

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/05/2015
AOR Received.
aor 2 - aug. 12, '15
File Transfer...
31/07/2015
Med's Done....
20/04/2015
@eila You can only do flagpoling near Toronto borders (Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and Rainbow Bridge) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html

CBSA officers are strict on timing. If you arrive on Canada Border (after flagpoling at US border) before 8:00 AM (even 7:50) they will turn you back.
They turned me back and I again went to US border (which was not a problem) and arrive back at 8:05 AM and it was all fine.
They take in limited number of people so try to time your arrival as close to 8:00 AM as possible.

I did it on Queenston-Lewiston Bridge.

You can wait at duty free shop on Canada side if required.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience! :)

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Please check your SPAM/ JUNK.
Wait few days more next week you can contact to CIC and ask for SA letter.
CIC send SA letter via Email. check <<Sample Letter>> Here
Do they mention anything about the SA sponsorship letter in Ecas?
Mine is SA DM with 'We started processing your application on February 13, 2020

Thanks again Robertp :)

Lady19

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I'm wondering if they would give back to back extensions on a super visa granted for two years (yes super visa for two years only). Should reasons be given for the extension request?
Yes, I did it for my mom. Now she go a two years extension but if she decides to leave Canada for any reason we will need to re apply for the supervisa.

Reactions: Hamied

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Do they mention anything about the SA sponsorship letter in Ecas?
Mine is SA DM with 'We started processing your application on February 13, 2020

Thanks again Robertp :)
No, there is no update for Sponsorship approval letter in Ecas.
under Ecas now you have to check your PR application status. if your PR application status is revert back to "App. received" that means Paris Local VO assign for you PR application.

you still need to wait for your SA letter , that letter required to submit CSQ with MIFI.

Last edited:

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
No, there is no update for Sponsorship approval letter in Ecas.
under Ecas now you have to check your PR application status. if your PR application status is revert back to "App. received" that means Paris Local VO assign for you PR application.

you still need to wait for your SA letter , that letter required to submit CSQ with MIFI.
no change for PR PA still application received on 2019-06-20 and biometric request...

Hello1234can

Jan 19, 2015
I'm wondering if they would give back to back extensions on a super visa granted for two years (yes super visa for two years only). Should reasons be given for the extension request?
My reason was : father's PR application is under process, and had applied for Canada, it will be difficult to manage if he leave country at this point.

Reactions: Hamied