+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
hi folks, quick question here. If common law partners separate and they sponsored both parents together. do they need to notify IRCC for the changes? or if there is any effect for the application?

Please advise. Much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the best.
Is there any co-sponsor and will you qualify without the co-sponsor for LICO? If not, this will impact your app in a great way and will result the refusal.
Also remember, the partner will be responsible for the sponsorship agreements even they are separated, unless they withdraw the co-sponsoring consent.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
hey guys,

so the visa office has requested the birth certificate for my mother as per country-specific requirements for India. the thing is that we don't have her birth certificate but I can show aadhar card, voter id or school transfer certificate. her DoB is on Feb-1-1964 as per the submitted application. Her passport and below school transfer certificate (leaving certificate) show the same date. aadhar card and voter id show the date as Feb-1-1968. So I was thinking of doing the below, let me know if that might work or not:

1. Write a letter of explanation stating to accept the school transfer certificate in place of my mothers birth certificate
  2. Write a letter of explanation stating that in the below school transfer certificate and in MY birth certificate, her name has an extra 'h' but its the same person. (Note: I had already explained this with a letter of explanation when I had submitted the application)
  3. My guess is that submitting the voter id in place of a birth certificate is mandatory but I am not sure. I am not planning to submit the voter id because it has her incorrect DoB....or should I submit the voter id and add it in the letter of explanation?

Last edited:

xyz2017

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
I agree with you it says MAY BE so ans for past sponsorship should be yes. Attach an explanation that you sponsored your parents and your LICO should be for yourself parents and spouse. Hope that helps

LICO required for spousal sponsorship?

show_aib

Aug 25, 2015
Hi guys, I have submitted application for my parents in June,2019, however I haven't received any acknowledgement yet.
Anyone in the same boat? Any suggestions?

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Received PCC and Medical request on 18th Feb. Also received IMM 5669 and IMM5562 request in the same letter.

Please upload row 268 in tracker @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese .

Two questions:

1. My father is currently in home country while my mom is in Canada. Can they do their medicals separately and in separate countries?

2. How long are police certificates valid for? My parents got a police certificate on 9th Sep 2019, so its been 5 months and 10 days. Is that okay or do we need to get a new one? Thanks a lot

Congratulation, its now one step ahead.
in the FORM IMM 5669, did they requested for the last 10 years only.
or they asked you to ignore the last 10 years and rather fill since the age of 18 to present.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hi guys, I have submitted application for my parents in June,2019, however I haven't received any acknowledgement yet.
Anyone in the same boat? Any suggestions?

I am from June aswell. Acknowledgment received however they haven't started processing yet. Check ECAS!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Can atip/gcms notes be ordered any time or there is suitable time frame. I wish to see what remarks CO has written on my file. In the past in spousal sponsorship application i discovered through gcms notes that there was gap in history. We gave correction with proof and explanation then only file moved. CO least bother to communicate it's notes that give clue.
Did you get PCC request with SA letter from CPC-M Local VO? when? you can request GCMS notes any time.

sekhar_bs

Jan 10, 2016
A quick question, is NDVO slow in processing? All other folks who have same AoR date as mine, but with processing at Mississauga office are moving faster.
I am stuck at bio, while others have got request for Bio+PCC+medical+ travel history.