+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
thanks I did not get any Furtherance medical request since then.. :(
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Hey guys

This is confusing

Even though i submitted 3 times pcc and travel form without request and along with request. Yesterday i submitted again and this morning there's a message in gckey in the upload document section. It says replacement needed police certificates(multiple) required! And supplementary information -your tarvels required!

Note- This is only requested for pa (my dad) when i scroll down in my mom and bother section it says no docs required.

Note - My dad had never travelled anywhere outside India. And all of the pccs are from January 14 2020.
same think happen to me.we upload from my account for pcc for my mother.my cic account said ''The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. '' vo(new york) ask me after 2 month they don't received pcc.after i send by fedex.2 days after they reply to me they received.

Canadian1316ir

Dec 3, 2019
I also want to resubmit the form because of similar mistake. Can you please guide me how you are resubmitting it, through mail or email? And what is the email address if you are emailing it.. Thank you!!
I just emailed my LVO an explanation letter and updated schedule A. Mycic did not allow me to upload.

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
hi folks, quick question here. If common law partners separate and they sponsored both parents together. do they need to notify IRCC for the changes? or if there is any effect for the application?

Please advise. Much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the best.

Yycguy

Jan 29, 2020
I am surprised that PCC request is not part of the sponsorship approval letter as it is a standard format (Please read carefully and especially page 2 of the letter).
Since your parents did a medical in October 20019, immigration canada may attach results from that medical to your PGP application.
Some people are exempt from biometrics (note sure what are the rules), so some may never get a bio metric request.

For medical check your account on mycic and see whats showing for medical details.
and read the sposorship letter completely in detail. For me page 2 had the following :

Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If
not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.
 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some
IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received
a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have
yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.
Biometrics requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.
Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included
on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or
served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a
copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.
 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if
applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.
In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Hello,

Thanks for replying, but my second page of sponsorship does not have all this. I am trying to link my gc key it doesn't work as well, can I contact NDVO, IF YES WHATS THERE CONTACT INFO PLZ.
Thx

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Received PCC and Medical request on 18th Feb. Also received IMM 5669 and IMM5562 request in the same letter.

Please upload row 268 in tracker @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese .

Two questions:

1. My father is currently in home country while my mom is in Canada. Can they do their medicals separately and in separate countries?

2. How long are police certificates valid for? My parents got a police certificate on 9th Sep 2019, so its been 5 months and 10 days. Is that okay or do we need to get a new one? Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Reactions: robertp

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hello,

Thanks for replying, but my second page of sponsorship does not have all this. I am trying to link my gc key it doesn't work as well, can I contact NDVO, IF YES WHATS THERE CONTACT INFO PLZ.
Thx
New Delhi office sends a separate letter for PCC unlike say CPC-Mississauga (and may be others). Check the link below for a sample PCC request issued by New Delhi office and other sample letters. There is also a sample letter from CPC-Mississauga with SA approval+PCC in the same document.

I am in the same boat and am waiting for the PCC and IME requests. Based on the historical timelines, it appears that you should expect it coming after 1.5-2 months of SA approval letter.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EoVdOy0ctVUcT_VWgsiJNCEdhT85qZsu

karthit

Feb 5, 2012
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese
Please update info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable - 693
  • Sponsored People: - Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: Jun 19, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): Nov 27, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: IN PROCESS
  • Ecas Status for PR Application: IN PROCESS
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Feb 21, 2020

Reactions: robertp

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
Hello guys,

quick question - my parents file is in process, medical, PCC and bio are done; yesterday, I received a letter from CIC informing that my parents will receive pre-arrival services offered by the Canadian Government. The letter is not addressed to me or my parents, just have my father’s UCI number.
Does this letter indicate that my parents file is approved or is it just a generic letter?

Thank you!