+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Devgan

Apr 22, 2019
Hello does anyone know how much time does Criminal Record Check based on Fingerprints takes to get it to immigration officer?
Thanks

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Line # in tracker: if applicable
Sponsored People: Mom and dependent
Parents Country of Citizenship: China
Sponsor Province: ON
Invitations Receive Date: April 25
Application received in Ottawa Date: Jun 17
AoR Received (DATE): Oct 25
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: in process
Ecas Status for PR Application: in process
Sponsorship In process Date: Feb 20
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
Local Visa Office :
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME request date :
IME Passed date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

Not received biometric or medical request yet, is that usual? I got an agent to apply it for me, so I don't want to link it online that I want them to receive all the information correctly. I just checked CIC today and got this update.

Also, my mom has been in Canada for 6 months May 28- Nov 28, does she need to send criminal check from Canada too? Hope everything goes well
Bio issue only after Decision made for your Sponsorship Application .
Do not need criminal check for Canada in advance, CIC will request you RCMP criminal records check if required.

Last edited:
Reactions: yeah075

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
@robertp : would you eb ale to let me know if we should submit eIMM5669 or IMM5669?

eIMM5669 is version (11-2018) but IMM5669 is (06-2019) and they are different form.

I am re submitting them as i need to correct one mistake where i forgot to provide visa refusal information.

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun hi friends, i am asking a question on behalf of one of my friends. She and her partner sponsored their own parents and got SP approval now waiting for PA approval. If their common law relationship stops right now, will the SP approval and the entire application get effected? Please advise. thanks.

Anushe

Mar 13, 2019
@robertp : would you eb ale to let me know if we should submit eIMM5669 or IMM5669?

eIMM5669 is version (11-2018) but IMM5669 is (06-2019) and they are different form.

I am re submitting them as i need to correct one mistake where i forgot to provide visa refusal information.
I also want to resubmit the form because of similar mistake. Can you please guide me how you are resubmitting it, through mail or email? And what is the email address if you are emailing it.. Thank you!!

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
I also want to resubmit the form because of similar mistake. Can you please guide me how you are resubmitting it, through mail or email? And what is the email address if you are emailing it.. Thank you!!

i am sending it via both web form and email of NDVO as my parents file is being processed at New Delhi.

I will resubmit the form for both and provide explanation letter with it.

Reactions: Anushe and robertp

paradoxunlimited

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
its been 2+ months my father did his medical but the GC key login says medical not received. i did a case specific inquiry they said they received the medical.. but i dont see online service or gc key login page has updated with the information. also I dont knwo he passed the medical or not.. what to do in this case..?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
its been 2+ months my father did his medical but the GC key login says medical not received. i did a case specific inquiry they said they received the medical.. but i dont see online service or gc key login page has updated with the information. also I dont knwo he passed the medical or not.. what to do in this case..?
Medical will update in Ecas and myCIC ones your parents Passed medical. Did you get Furtherance medical test from CIC?

Only Medical passed will update to Ecas and myCIC.

Check Column "AF" in tracker.

mpsb07

May 27, 2019
Hello

I haven't received anything with sponsorship approval letter.
Both my parents did there medical done last year in october for visitor visa extension.
I am surprised that PCC request is not part of the sponsorship approval letter as it is a standard format (Please read carefully and especially page 2 of the letter).
Since your parents did a medical in October 20019, immigration canada may attach results from that medical to your PGP application.
Some people are exempt from biometrics (note sure what are the rules), so some may never get a bio metric request.

For medical check your account on mycic and see whats showing for medical details.
and read the sposorship letter completely in detail. For me page 2 had the following :

Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If
not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.
 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some
IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received
a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have
yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.
Biometrics requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.
Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included
on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or
served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a
copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.
 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if
applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.
In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca