+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Reactions: robreeves

aarit

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
It is completely on which VFS you send your passport. I know some applicants who sent their passports to VFS DELHI didn't receive their passport with visa after 1 month.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-much-time-it-takes-from-passport-to-visa-stamped-via-vfs.485840/page-181#post-8493692

For those that received PPR and sent in their passports or passport copies, any idea roughly on average how long it takes the CIC to process this and send back the passports or relevant documents?

Reactions: robreeves

xjh

Aug 15, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016
I received a letter requesting additional documents on November 14, 2019 and I submitted the documents via email and the online submission form and received an email confirmation.

Ever since then, there have not been any updates. From the tracker, I see that many of the applicants who submitted the application around the same time as me have "Decision Made" status. I'm just wondering if it is normal not having any updates for 3 months after the requested documents are received by CIC? Thank you.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
It is completely on which VFS you send your passport. I know some applicants who sent their passports to VFS DELHI didn't receive their passport with visa after 1 month.
Thank you, we didn't need to send our passports, only copies of the information pages

hanhan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
How long does it take from DM2 to PPR at CPC-M? I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks. Do I need to call them in case there is something wrong with the file?

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi, is there anyone who is not able to submit Birth Certificate for their parents? What did you submit if you don't have birth certificate of your parents?
Hi, I don't have my parents' birt certificates. But I submitted Their affidavit, 10th-grade certificates and Adhar card (for India).

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
I have quick question about submitting parent's passports to VFS Chandigarh (India) based on someone's recent experience. I got PPR letter on 17th Feb. addressing to my father who is PA. It don't say anything about dependent (my mother) in this letter.

Can someone confirm if my father can go and submit passports for both of them at VFS Chandigarh?

Letter don't say anything if both parents need to be at VFS for passport submission.

Also can someone confirm if walk-in is fine to submit the passports at VFS Chandigarh (India) or if need to book an appointment to submit Passports, letter and photographs?

Thanks in advance.

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hi Friends,
My parents went to do biometric today in Rome, Italy. The center did the fingerprints but also gave them a consent form. Does anybody know what should we do with the consent form? How Can I understand that the Biometric has done?

Thank you,

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
I have quick question about submitting parent's passports to VFS Chandigarh (India) based on someone's recent experience. I got PPR letter on 17th Feb. addressing to my father who is PA. It don't say anything about dependent (my mother) in this letter.

Can someone confirm if my father can go and submit passports for both of them at VFS Chandigarh?

Letter don't say anything if both parents need to be at VFS for passport submission.

Also can someone confirm if walk-in is fine to submit the passports at VFS Chandigarh (India) or if need to book an appointment to submit Passports, letter and photographs?

Thanks in advance.
It's a walk-in service. More information can be found on VFS Global website.

Dependent can fill out VFS Global consent form for pick up and delivery of passports.

Reactions: jaindba

403 Waitubg for PNP

Jun 12, 2015
Hi, I don't have my parents' birt certificates. But I submitted Their affidavit, 10th-grade certificates and Adhar card (for India).
Did they ask any questions or anything to you? Why I am asking this because, I saw for few people their application got returned for missing documents. I hope not having birth certificate will not create trouble.