+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Quick question to seniors - One of the forms requested is:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature for you and your spouse. Please provide your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 to the present without any gaps in time. This must be received at this office by: 2020/04/05

Question - for a 70 year old it is almost impossible to provide history and addresses since the age of 18. Most moves have slipped from memory let alone have written records. Any suggestions on how to tackle this? Just do it the best of our memory?

Thanks a bunch.

aviralanand2007

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hello all

I am also a PGP-2018 applicant, a weird thing happened to me. The medical for my parents expired and now CIC has requested another medical. Is this normal?

Also, now there is an extra cost for Medical. Does anyone know id we are able to recoup this cost from CIC somehow?

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Thank you so much! This was GREAT information. I am asking one of my aunts to go with an authorization letter from my parents to collect it from a Kazi in Bangladesh!

Just to be clear, the marriage certificate and the Nikah Nama are SEPARATE documents? What language are each of these documents in generally ?
They are separate documents. Marriage certificate generally in English and nikah nama in Bengali. Please submit the following :
1. Nikah nama
2. Certified translated (English) version of nikah nama And
3. Marriage certificate.

in this way you are not leaving anything for assumption and you can avoid delay in processing of the application.

Thank you.

Reactions: salmunsu

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello all

I am also a PGP-2018 applicant, a weird thing happened to me. The medical for my parents expired and now CIC has requested another medical. Is this normal?

Also, now there is an extra cost for Medical. Does anyone know id we are able to recoup this cost from CIC somehow?
Medical expire after 12 months and you cannot recoup this cost.

Canada_Super

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
This is to assist those in the forum who are waiting for their PR card after Landing and want to check PR card status .

Login to your mycic account
. The one you have been using . Go to the page "View application you have submitted "which in your case is Approved . Below the section you will find "Add link to the existing application to your account ".Click this and select PR Card . Then select UCI & Family name etc . Please note write your name ,last name birth place as is written in COPR . That is if in COPR it's in capital the it should be written in capital letters . Follow it as was earlier when you opened your Mycic account .Your PR Card application will be linked to your existing account .Similarly you will have to add Dependent account also to this account . In this account you will get status of your PR Card status as to when profile updated & when it's Approved and mailed .

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
@YULIA-2016 hello Yulia, here are my details for a new entry

username: acerbico423
sponsored people: Mom
citizenship: India
Province: ON
Inivitation date: 24th April 2019
Application received: 26 June 2019
AoR date: 23 Oct 2019

No updates after that...
Thanks for making the entries.
New updates:

ECAS In process date: 28 Jan 2020
Biometric request date: 5 Feb 2020

I don't have access to the spreadsheet from the network that I am on so I cannot see the line number. sorry about that.

Reactions: robertp

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as of today, no changes.

Date Received: June 18, 2019

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

hjstannum

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
@YULIA-2016 or @robertp Line # 527

AOR received today on 11th October 2019.
An update
  • Line # in tracker: 605
  • Sponsored People: 2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Pakistan
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 26
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: Jun 13
  • AoR Received (DATE): Oct 11
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: In Process
  • Ecas Status for PR Application: In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Feb 03, 2020
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: