+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
How will that work just curious, will you tell the border office that they are there to do a soft landing?
Yes tell that on US side and they will hand you a paper of no entry (That does not affect your future US visa application at all) and you take a U turn and go to Canadian side and tell them you are there for landing and finish up the process.

Reactions: jotgrewal

vbrar

Oct 29, 2014
Hello All,

I just got the request for Medical for my Mom. I just have one question, on the IMM 1017 E form attached in the medical request, the address for my Mom is a Canadian Address (which is my address in Canada). However, my mom is in India and is going to get her Medical done from India. Does it matter if the address is Canadian and the medical done is from India?

Thanks!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello All,

I just got the request for Medical for my Mom. I just have one question, on the IMM 1017 E form attached in the medical request, the address for my Mom is a Canadian Address (which is my address in Canada). However, my mom is in India and is going to get her Medical done from India. Does it matter if the address is Canadian and the medical done is from India?

Thanks!
No issue if Medical done in India .

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
PPR -- Jan 08 2020
Mailed out Passport -- Jan 08 2020
Mycic get updated to Approved -- Jan 16 2020

Got a question: There is an expiry date on Mycic Document Status. Does that means PA need to landed before that date?
PA must land on or before that date. The date is one year after the medical passed.

Reactions: serious_cheese

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
They may ask imm 0008 if new version is available....they may mean to include you sister info on same form
No, I asked CIC and they said we received the one you filled out as main applicant but you have to fill it out for your wife and daughter separately :O doesn’t make sense at all but it was their answer. I asked for more clarification and waiting for their response.
In terms of police certificate, they also said provide it for the last 10 years not from the age of 18 ..

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I got email on 29 Nov that my file was being transferred to NDVO. Around 12 th Dec it changed from In Process to Application Received and it's still the same.
Mine changed to Application Received when sent to Mexico in August and it hasn't changed yet. At least I've seen some movement in NDVO, in Mexico I haven't seen none at all

Reactions: serious_cheese

kroduk

Star Member
Jul 21, 2012
Chandigarh, India
Hi

I have a question regarding PCC required for time spent in Canada. My parents came to Canada on supervisa in 2017 for 8 months . Would they need a PCC from RCMP as well for the time spent in Canada, or just from their home country ?

Thanks