+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Fnamavati

Apr 29, 2017
Alright, folks. My parents' GCKey application page was updated last night showing the application has been approved, and detailing the counterfoil numbers and COPR expiry dates.

The Canada Post XPress post tracking has not yet been activated.

Good luck to all!
@Empirical-Scientist what do you mean when you say canada post tracking has not been activated?

We sent passports via canada xpresspost to CPC Ottawa on December 28 and till date it’s showing in transit. I have raised this to Canada post but was wondering if the same was the case with you?

Thanks

canvan14

May 8, 2014
@Empirical-Scientist what do you mean when you say canada post tracking has not been activated?

We sent passports via canada xpresspost to CPC Ottawa on December 28 and till date it’s showing in transit. I have raised this to Canada post but was wondering if the same was the case with you?

Thanks
I think s/he meant the return tracking has not been activated.
Do you mean your send tracking still show "in transit"? It should be delivered by now...

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I was under the same scenario and used #3 (me, my father, and my mother) at the bottom as the total number of people sponsored or family size and I was able to link my parents application.
I tried everything and still not able to link. Did you use your own log in or made new one for parents? I used my moms info but nothing. Even though ecas shows decision made for sponsor and in process for pa.will appreciate the help.

hjchauhan

Jan 7, 2020
My mother's status on the steps just got updated to '6. We sent you a letter on January 6, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us'. Main status on the application is 'Decision Made'. I know it is just 1 day but wanted to check if anyone got passport request in mail instead of email and this refers to passport request?

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hello
Has anyone in this group .. assigned to London VO received Medical or PCC request?.
While other visa offices are moving fairly quickly, no updated from London VO.
They are currently working on 2018 files.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012

Thanks
Sorry to hear about the delay -- which is all I think it is. I sent the passports early December and they were received four days later (unlike the "next business day" service CP promises). One thing you can do is ask for a full refund from Canada Post -- I have done this a few times in the past.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Folks, I know I asked this before, but here's an extension to what I previously asked. I intend to accompany my parents (drive down to Peace Arch) for the flag-pole. I have am a citizen with nexus, they have no US visa. We will obviously be administratively refused entry into the US. Are you aware of any impacts this refusal may have, say, on their future trips to the US and my nexus renewal?
Update on our flag-pole experience

Yesterday, my parents successfully landed at the Douglas Crossing here in BC. We drove to arrive to the US border shortly after lunch -- usually humans are slightly happier after they eat. There was no lineup - I obviously consulted travel.gc.ca for border wait times before we left home.

I told the CBP officer at the booth that I was accompanying my parents to do a flag-pole for Canadian immigration. He nodded, gave us the orange slip with a lane number and the comment 'Use flagpole' written on it to present to the CBP officer in the main office, and, to my question whether this administrative refusal would have an impact on my nexus as well as on my parents' future US visit endeavors, he replied 'Not at all'. There was no significant lineup in the main office -- we were out in about 15 minutes.

On the Canadian side, we had the most pleasant experience ever. The booth officer, within a matter of one minute, handed us the yellow slip with the lineup zone and we went in after being directed where to park. There was no lineup at all in the zone allocated to us and we immediately saw a CBSA officer. They were very friendly and very welcoming. After initialing and signing the COPRs, they welcomed my parents to Canada telling them the PR cards would take up to eight weeks to be mailed, and wished us godspeed, as it were.

(Make sure you do the flagpole when it's pouring and windy -- everybody likes working inside...)

All the best everyone!

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Any experience from anyone regarding pulmo review after initial medical exam
Was there any medical history with lungs? It's usually indicate they saw some spots on the lungs and may ask for Sputum culture. Some users went through these in this forum and no need to be concerned.