+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
Hello @DarKnight , how much time it took for them to dispatch the passport after the application was approved in MyCIC?
Can't login into MyCIC to check as it keeps kicking me out and brings back to the HomePage.

Tried different browsers... Don't have another computer to try at the moment, but will check later and let you know as it usually starts working after some time.

kbaghadiya

Dec 30, 2019
It is not 100% clear. I know someone got the AOR/bio and medical request, etc for the parents application without being in Canada for three years and the cosigner/spouse had the three year tax and enough income. I am not sure if the application will be accepted at the end but since IRC sent all these requests it seems it went forward
Do you know what their exact situation was? Can you contact them and let us know more details about their case please? It would be a great help! Thank you for providing information on this.

kbaghadiya

Dec 30, 2019
Upon further research, I found this phrase in the instruction guide,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Your spouse or common-law partner may be a co-signer on the sponsorship application, regardless of how long you have been married. Your combined gross income may help you meet the income requirements. You and your co-signer must each provide proof of income from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 3 consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of the sponsorship application.

As per the bolded part above, my understanding is the sponsor needs to also file taxes for 3 years to qualify.
Thank you again for digging deeper into this. I have done some research on my end too and I noticed the following:
"You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable) must prove that you have enough income to support all the persons you'll be financially responsible for, including yourself, once you become a sponsor.
If you’re invited to apply, you’ll have to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 taxation years right before the date of your application."
It doesn't indicate exclusively that EACH ONE has to provide proof of income for 3 years. Also, someone else mentioned on this thread that they know someone who has sponsored pgp eventhough they have lived in Canada for less than 3 years (requested further details).
I am sorry but it is still not clear because the income requirements are for combined income and not individually so I see a potential of acceptance of combined proof of income as well.
Can you please further help me with this? Thanks again. Really appreciate your help!

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Can't login into MyCIC to check as it keeps kicking me out and brings back to the HomePage.

Tried different browsers... Don't have another computer to try at the moment, but will check later and let you know as it usually starts working after some time.
Try chrome incognito. For me it worked.

Canada_Super

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
For sending passports for stamping to CPC-Ottawa . Do we put PA & Dependent passports in one envelope ? Also is return envelope also one ?

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Thank you again for digging deeper into this. I have done some research on my end too and I noticed the following:
"You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable) must prove that you have enough income to support all the persons you'll be financially responsible for, including yourself, once you become a sponsor.
If you’re invited to apply, you’ll have to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 taxation years right before the date of your application."
It doesn't indicate exclusively that EACH ONE has to provide proof of income for 3 years. Also, someone else mentioned on this thread that they know someone who has sponsored pgp eventhough they have lived in Canada for less than 3 years (requested further details).
I am sorry but it is still not clear because the income requirements are for combined income and not individually so I see a potential of acceptance of combined proof of income as well.
Can you please further help me with this? Thanks again. Really appreciate your help!
I did quote the information about someone else who seemed to get their application processed (application approval is still pending at this time). If you look at my older posts you will see that I found the same information as you stated above. Someone in the forum also said that "you" could also mean "you and your co-signer" in this context. Again the website contains conflicting information at different places.

The issue here is whether the sponsor is required to provide income tax for 3 years if the co-signer met the 3 tax years requirement, not whether combined income is acceptable because it is.

You can send a webform to ask them yourself but eventually it will be determined during the sponsor approval process.

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese