Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Why are you doing all this??? One month before their visa expiry, apply for visa extension. The decision for visa extension comes in 4 months which means they can stay in CAnada for 4 months. And hopefully you get PR decision by then. You can apply online and fees is just 100$. Online extension must be submitted atleast 1 month before expiry.
Thanks. I am aware of it. But I am taking them for a holiday and hoping that re-entry will revalidate their stay.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
My parents file got transferred to NDVO at the background checks stage at end Nov. They have been here on visitor visas since 9 Aug 2019. So their 6 months stay will expire on 8 Feb 2020. I have taken them to the US twice but passport was never stamped as usual. I am taking them for one week holiday to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) in mid-Jan. As they will re-enter by air, I believe their 6 months stay will be revalidated from that day. Hope my assumption is correct.
You can renew their visa online. it should be done 30 days in advance of the expiry of the current visa. once your application is filed, your parents will go on implied status( a legal status in Canada). IRCC may take 1 month to 3 months to renew your visa. however, your parent's status in Canada will be considered a legal status until their visas are renewed. you should ask for renewal for 5-6 months to avoid any delays which may cause due to the slow process of NDVO.

Another option is when you cross the border on the car while return you can request immigration officers to extend and explain the situation they have authority to extend visas. one of my friend's parents' visa was extended on their request at the border for 1 year.

Aleo

Sep 16, 2019
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: Mom
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Iran
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 27
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: Jun 12
  • AoR Received (DATE): Oct 11
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: DM
  • Ecas Status for PR Application. In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Dec 20
  • Local Visa Office : Ankara
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Aleo

Sep 16, 2019
My mom's Local Visa Office is Ankara because she was in Iran when I sent the application, but she is in Canada now. Her visitor visa has expired so she can't come back until she receives the landing visa if she goes back now. Can I change the LVO to Mississauga? Would that make the process faster?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: Mom
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Iran
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 27
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: Jun 12
  • AoR Received (DATE): Oct 11
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: DM
  • Ecas Status for PR Application. In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Dec 20
  • Local Visa Office : Ankara
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :
What is your In process date as per Ecas?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
My mom's Local Visa Office is Ankara because she was in Iran when I sent the application, but she is in Canada now. Her visitor visa has expired so she can't come back until she receives the landing visa if she goes back now. Can I change the LVO to Mississauga? Would that make the process faster?
no you cant change.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Many super visa holders staying here for years didnt get CPC mississauga. So not sure what is happening and how they are assigning. Some other nationals, there parents never visited canada hold no visa and they got CPC mississauga.(one of my close friend is one example)
What residential address did u mention for your parents in forms?
Mailing address Canada as I am representative and residential address Pakistan