+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I have an email from NDVO requesting following doc:
Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE.

Question: Do i need to submit IMM 5562 form? but this form has no option to enter info regarding citizenship and residnt documnet info.

What sh'd i provide extra? Please advise. Thank you.

Status: IN process from DEC 05. BIOMETRIC done , MEDICAl received by NDVO , PCC done, WAIting on sending docs TO NDVO for PCC and TRAVEL history.
Question: Do i need to submit IMM 5562
Ans: Yes .

myahya

Jan 4, 2018
Ontario
We had the same thing happen and I asked why they didn't stamp the passport, and the officer said that a trip to the US does not extend stay in Canada. Their stay continues as per original stamp. I was told that my mom would have to travel somewhere else and return to have her passport stamped with a new date. So she travelled to the Caribbean to visit family for 2 weeks then came back and got her passport stamped with a new date.That was just my experience, not sure what others have experienced.
FYI.

I just called Canadian Border Agency (1-800-461-9999) and told her the situation, She said its automatically renewed for next two years in case the officer did not stamp the passport.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Yes but we provided everything for the last 10 years in the forms and we have not recvd request for CV. For travel form we r again providing last 10 years info.

So I want to know what others did in similar situation.. did u simply attach the PCC or did u explain the status in that country (if it's a country where u stayed over 6 months but it's been over 14 years since that last time u were in that country) .. etc etc. I think it doesn't hurt to explain.
being Pakistan subject we are required to give details since age 18 and not last 10 years

gayfish

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Folks, I have a question - my parents are reaching their 6 month limit stay in Canada on Jan 10. They are supposed to be leaving on Jan 4 but we wanna postpone their departure and get them land first. Given average time for cic to return passport is 2 to 3 weeks, they most likely will get their passport back for landing after their stay expires (Jan 10). Anyone experienced the same situation or could kindly point us to some relevant info? Thanks so much!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Posting again since no response received

Hi @robertp @YULIA-2016 @bdidol

PA shows Decision Made however did not receive any communication, will be receive any communication? What is the next step process if anyone can advise.

TIA
If it is PA DM I think no communication: Only ecas will be updated.
You will receive PPR after few weeks.

It is holiday time so may be no response for few days.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Folks, I have a question - my parents are reaching their 6 month limit stay in Canada on Jan 10. They are supposed to be leaving on Jan 4 but we wanna postpone their departure and get them land first. Given average time for cic to return passport is 2 to 3 weeks, they most likely will get their passport back for landing after their stay expires (Jan 10). Anyone experienced the same situation or could kindly point us to some relevant info? Thanks so much!
Can you extend their visas? Thinking of the holiday time, there is no guarantee that their PR visa will come back by Jan 10.
I think you have option of sending only passport copies instead of passport.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
You are one and only one from Pakistan who got CPC mississauga in 2019. And got all kind of requests in such a short period. This request is specifically sent by CPC mississauga.

Rest of the pakistanis are in london waiting club, which is working on 2018 applications

May be 2018 pakistani applicants ones can guide you better if they got this type of request.
Could this be due to fact that they hold supervisa and have visited Canada twice.

gayfish

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Can you extend their visas? Thinking of the holiday time, there is no guarantee that their PR visa will come back by Jan 10.
I think you have option of sending only passport copies instead of passport.
Thanks laxsun! Yes we’re gonna apply for extension first thing tomorrow so they could maintain legal status in Canada while waiting for their passport returned. Wondering if we should be cautious on stating the reason for extension on the application? If we say the reason is to wait for PR visa, would that have negative impact on their PR visa issuance? We want to keep things simple but sometimes honesty is not well perceived, like in the case when people need to go to the US for biometrics and are advised to tell border officers they’re sightseeing...

Reactions: laxsun