+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
I am trying to link my mother's application to my ECAS account, but when I search with the details I know there are no results. I haven't received an AOR of any form, but I received an email over a month ago asking for more forms, which I submitted immediately by email.
Any suggestions?

gerjit2019

Jan 30, 2019
Hi,

When dependents are under 22 year of age and are involved in the sponsorship (half-siblings), is financial obligation for 20 years or until they 25 years of age.

If someone can PLEASE provide clarification that would be greatly appreciated as it is not entirely clear as per explanations provided by IRCC.

Explanation as per Application Guide
Undertaking length for parents and grandparents sponsorship

Your obligations as a sponsor and as a co-signer, if applicable, begin when your family members included in the sponsorship undertaking become permanent residents of Canada.

When you sponsor a parent or a grandparent, the undertaking is valid for 20 years, and for all persons included in the sponsorship undertaking.

Explanation as per help Center

Person you sponsor

Length of undertaking for all provinces except QuebecFootnote1

Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner

3 years

Dependent child (biological or adopted) or child to be adopted in Canada under 22 years of ageFootnote2

10 years, or until age 25, whichever comes first

Dependent child 22 years of age or olderFootnote2

3 years

Parent or grandparent

20 years

Other relative

10 years

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
My "Mycic" status doesn't say any documents require, I just got generic email for PCC, Country specific docs. , Passport copies, CV ect.(which is different letter). I have sent all documents to provided email but never received any conformation or update that ensure they received all document copies.

for Bio request is updated after Bio completed for mother.
To me that email reads that they still require biometrics for your mother. It is possible that an officer just quickly scanned through your file and sent this letter without checking thoroughly if biometrics was done or not.
Does your mother have a proof, e.g. A payment receipt, a sticker etc? I would submit that in response.
My parents received barcode stickers on their passport covers when they did biometrics for PGP application, and I submitted a photo of these in response to the standard doc request.

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
I am trying to link my mother's application to my ECAS account, but when I search with the details I know there are no results. I haven't received an AOR of any form, but I received an email over a month ago asking for more forms, which I submitted immediately by email.
Any suggestions?
Same thing, can't even check ECAS status. I am trying my id# , my family name, birthday and country. Didn't work. Any suggestions?

samanariya

Oct 23, 2019
@robertp would you be able to let me know the following?
when applying for PCC our police is asking the address of the letter to be? So which should be the address the PCC addressed to?

sri82@av

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Did you update them about where your parents are right now? If not you should inform them via webform. Then the biometrics they can also do that in India and PPR also because you informed IRCC where your parents are.

I did not update CIC that my parents went back to India. I am also afraid that by doing so, the file gets transferred to India, by this it adds more time to complete my application. Even now I am asking this question to see if I have to ask my parents to come to Canada and do biometrics.

hughes123

May 1, 2019
I am confused about this tracker, hopefully someone can explain to me. Please do not assume I know all acronyms.
I see lines in the tracker with Column L (E-Case Status for Sponsorship Application) = Not Available. But then the column G (Application received in Ottawa as per Ecas) has a date.

First question:
How do you find which date Ottawa has received your application if you do not know your application number?

In my case:
I tried to find the status of mine, using Date of Birth etc but nothing worked, the immigration site cannot find my application. I have the CanadaPost signature that Ottawa received the application on June 20.
Then on October 21, I received a letter: Your application is incomplete please provide the following document within 30 days. This letter has XF(9 digit number) as my application number. But even with this number, I cannot find my application in the immigration web site. I provided the missing document within a few days after October 21.

Second question: What should I do ? Just wait? When I call, I cannot talk to any agent.

ew88

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Experts please advice *****
I logged in to see my CIC account and I saw Application/profile updated and then I went back and I saw its says your action required. Is it normal or weird?
I was asked to submit the additional documents within 15 days I submitted them same day I was asked for and today is the 14th day.

Reactions: ankz001

dp25688

Mar 16, 2015
To me that email reads that they still require biometrics for your mother. It is possible that an officer just quickly scanned through your file and sent this letter without checking thoroughly if biometrics was done or not.
Does your mother have a proof, e.g. A payment receipt, a sticker etc? I would submit that in response.
My parents received barcode stickers on their passport covers when they did biometrics for PGP application, and I submitted a photo of these in response to the standard doc request.
I emailed back with copy of receipt and all informtion with biometrics number to ircc no reply yet.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi,

When dependents are under 22 year of age and are involved in the sponsorship (half-siblings), is financial obligation for 20 years or until they 25 years of age.

If someone can PLEASE provide clarification that would be greatly appreciated as it is not entirely clear as per explanations provided by IRCC.

Explanation as per Application Guide
Undertaking length for parents and grandparents sponsorship

Your obligations as a sponsor and as a co-signer, if applicable, begin when your family members included in the sponsorship undertaking become permanent residents of Canada.

When you sponsor a parent or a grandparent, the undertaking is valid for 20 years, and for all persons included in the sponsorship undertaking.

Explanation as per help Center

Person you sponsor

Length of undertaking for all provinces except QuebecFootnote1

Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner

3 years

Dependent child (biological or adopted) or child to be adopted in Canada under 22 years of ageFootnote2

10 years, or until age 25, whichever comes first

Dependent child 22 years of age or olderFootnote2

3 years

Parent or grandparent

20 years

Other relative

10 years

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14.
The undertakings for PGP applications is for 20 yrs and is applicable to the principal applicant and all dependents, regardless of their age.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I am confused about this tracker, hopefully someone can explain to me. Please do not assume I know all acronyms.
I see lines in the tracker with Column L (E-Case Status for Sponsorship Application) = Not Available. But then the column G (Application received in Ottawa as per Ecas) has a date.

First question:
How do you find which date Ottawa has received your application if you do not know your application number?

In my case:
I tried to find the status of mine, using Date of Birth etc but nothing worked, the immigration site cannot find my application. I have the CanadaPost signature that Ottawa received the application on June 20.
Then on October 21, I received a letter: Your application is incomplete please provide the following document within 30 days. This letter has XF(9 digit number) as my application number. But even with this number, I cannot find my application in the immigration web site. I provided the missing document within a few days after October 21.

Second question: What should I do ? Just wait? When I call, I cannot talk to any agent.
You have to wait. You app reached Ottawa at the very end of the process and you got a resubmit request. You should see something in next couple of weeks.

When your ecas will be activated, it will show an app receive date.