+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

realpower

Jul 3, 2019
No, you don't need to send PCC or passport now. IRCC will ask you later for PCC and passport. Passport request is the final step before Visa. This is just a letter to tell you about the first step of application. Congratulations!
Thanks Garry but it looks like almost everyone with LVO as CPC-M; have PCC, copy of passport pages etc request in their SA letter. Is this not true?

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Hello @YULIA-2016 , @robertp, @Garry2008 @bdidol. mom's application shows as at the background check-in process while ny additional documents are still under review.

how long it can take for background check, up to yesterday my cic account was saying background check not applicable however today it got changed to in the process. how long it can take to perform background check and what IRCC does in the background check.

what will be the next step?

golfclash

Oct 7, 2019
CIC may not accept it unless it is requested by them. You should wait for CIC to ask for PCC.

According to the Application Guide.

Police certificates
Police certificates for parents and grandparents applications are not required at the time you submit your complete application. Police certificates will be requested by the processing office for the person being sponsored and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

You don’t need police certificates when you submit your complete application. We ask you for police certificates for the person being sponsored and each family member 18 or older (who aren’t already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

Police certificates are generally valid for 1 year from the date they’re issued. Depending on processing times, we may ask you for new certificates.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
Thanks for information and the link.. I did not know that this information was available on the CIC website.. found very useful

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello @YULIA-2016 , @robertp, @Garry2008 @bdidol. mom's application shows as at the background check-in process while ny additional documents are still under review.

how long it can take for background check, up to yesterday my cic account was saying background check not applicable however today it got changed to in the process. how long it can take to perform background check and what IRCC does in the background check.

what will be the next step?
Time for background check may depend on various factors for the background checks.
Please check the following reply I have given to someone with a similar question.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1967#post-8320405

The next step can be police clearance if biometrics is already done. Otherwise, expect Biometrics first.

Check out this guide for steps.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/after-apply-next-steps.html

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019
Didn't the doctor suggest other tests?
Don't worry. The doctor may ask to come again.
My mother had medical exam today and at the clinic blood pleasure came really high around 188 103 however she takes high BP medications and generally it is always controlled. Has anyone gone through this situation and knows what would happen now???
Will highly appreciate any experience sharing.
BP doesn't matter. These medical exams are targeted to identify any major health issues and conditions that are contagious or if require extra long support.

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
My Ecas displayed " we started to process the application on November 7, 2019 (sponsor eligibility). I am curious how come most of cases at this stage will reach DM two or three days after started to process. I just called IRCC and was advised that sponsor eligibility has not started yet.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Garry but it looks like almost everyone with LVO as CPC-M; have PCC, copy of passport pages etc request in their SA letter. Is this not true?
No, In SA approval letter CIC does not ask for PCC from everyone. Copy of passport pages they can ask if it is required. But you don't need to send PCC unless it is requested.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Time for background check may depend on various factors for the background checks.
Please check the following reply I have given to someone with a similar question.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1967#post-8320405

The next step can be police clearance if biometrics is already done. Otherwise, expect Biometrics first.

Check out this guide for steps.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/after-apply-next-steps.html
I have already submitted a proactive PCC last month and my mother is in Canada for the last 2.5 years. Her address in the application is Canadian address and still, they transferred her application to NDVO.
I did notify to IRCC that my mom is going to stay in Canada for next 1.5 years. In this scenario what should I expect next?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have already submitted a PCC last month and my mother is in Canada for the last 2.5 years. Her address in the application is Canadian address and still, they transferred her application to NDVO.
I did notify to IRCC that my mom is going to stay in Canada for next 1.5 years. In this scenario what should I expect next?
Her file will be processed at NDVO because the officers in NDVO are trained to process the applications for that particular region. Although she is in Canada but the country of Permanent residency and citizenship is still under NDVO. Next, you can expect biometrics if she has not done it while coming to Canada previously.

SiriA

Jan 11, 2019
Please update "SiriA" - Biometircs letter received. @YULIA-2016

I received the letter, it is only for my father who is the dependent on the application. My mother is the principal applicant. I checked my forms and realised that the address i have provided is our canadian address, although now she is back home in India. My next steps is to call IRCC and let them know? Can I notify that she left to India in any other way?

Please suggest. Thanks

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
hi Guys

I'm June 13th applicant, I have not received AOR yet, so, I sent a web form to CIC asking information about my application (I see on ecas appplication received), they answered that they had sent an email on October 9th, and I should check my spam folder, of course it's too late and I'm not able to see if the email went directly to spam. They also said on the email that my application is in treatment.

I suppose then they sent AOR?

What should i do ?

Thank you