+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Oct 12, 2019
@usr19 - Can you please add me to the tracker.
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Citizenship: India
Prov: ON
Interest Form: 12:06 EST
Confirmation Email: 13:10 EST
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 25, 2019 08:50 EST
Application Received by CIC: June 18th, 2019

Reactions: laxsun

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks but the Letter I received is specifically asking for my mother.
I have completed the other forms for my father as dependent in my mother application.

My mother is the only applicant in my sponsorship and also permanent residency and my father is only dependant/

But now I wonder if i should send my father police certificate too.
How about medical exam. If he is not accompanying my mother , is CIC is going to ask him to do the medical exam too?

I just dont understands why they need Police Cert and Medical Exam for someone who did not apply for permanent residency at all!

I hope someone can help me here
This very understandable. Unless divorced/deceased the spouse will never accompany with. Just image, later on your dad said you excluded him on purpose and did not tell him about immigration or even he is non-accompany but a few days later he changes his mind and want to come. Thats why Cic always asks even the spouse will not come or wont come in case it happens. You can only exclude him through divorce or.... I hope this help

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
This very understandable. Unless divorced/deceased the spouse will never accompany with. Just image, later on your dad said you excluded him on purpose and did not tell him about immigration or even he is non-accompany but a few days later he changes his mind and want to come. Thats why Cic always asks even the spouse will not come or wont come in case it happens. You can only exclude him through divorce or.... I hope this help

Thanks, I see your point and I think this makes sense.
Now in my situation, if my father does the police and medical exam and I send it to CIC along with my mother documents. considering that I did not apply for his permanent residency application initially. Do you think CIC will proceed my mother application? or they wonder how come my dad is not accompanying and rejecting my mother application too.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks but the Letter I received is specifically asking for my mother.
I have completed the other forms for my father as dependent in my mother application.

My mother is the only applicant in my sponsorship and also permanent residency and my father is only dependant/

But now I wonder if i should send my father police certificate too.
How about medical exam. If he is not accompanying my mother , is CIC is going to ask him to do the medical exam too?

I just dont understands why they need Police Cert and Medical Exam for someone who did not apply for permanent residency at all!

I hope someone can help me here
CIC will ask PCC and medical for non-accompanying spouse.
I think the letters (AOR, SA and medical request) indicate that the spouse has to comply that mandatorily.
Please take this requirement seriously otherwise that becomes strong ground of refusal.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@usr19 - Can you please add me to the tracker.
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Citizenship: India
Prov: ON
Interest Form: 12:06 EST
Confirmation Email: 13:10 EST
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 25, 2019 08:50 EST
Application Received by CIC: June 18th, 2019
Your details are in line 627 for now. You may be able to see your application in ecas soon.

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to update your info in tracker.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is admin @robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun or anyone else out here who submitted the Police clearance certificate in advance through webform before the CIC ask for it, I was thinking to send it because I applied in advance in a hope that CIC will ask after biometrics but its been a month I haven't heard from them, so anyone knows for how long this PCC from India stays valid? please advise
CIC may not accept it unless it is requested by them. You should wait for CIC to ask for PCC.

According to the Application Guide.

Police certificates
Police certificates for parents and grandparents applications are not required at the time you submit your complete application. Police certificates will be requested by the processing office for the person being sponsored and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

You don’t need police certificates when you submit your complete application. We ask you for police certificates for the person being sponsored and each family member 18 or older (who aren’t already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

Police certificates are generally valid for 1 year from the date they’re issued. Depending on processing times, we may ask you for new certificates.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Reactions: golfclash

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
CIC will ask PCC and medical for non-accompanying spouse.
I think the letters (AOR, SA and medical request) indicate that the spouse has to comply that mandatorily.
Please take this requirement seriously otherwise that becomes strong ground of refusal.
Thanks!
Noted.

Reactions: laxsun

realpower

Jul 3, 2019
Hi All,

I received SA letter (LVO is CPC-M) but it doesn't say anything about PCC, passports etc. Is this normal? Should I send PCC or wait for them to request. Please advise.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My mother had medical exam today and at the clinic blood pleasure came really high around 188 103 however she takes high BP medications and generally it is always controlled. Has anyone gone through this situation and knows what would happen now???
Will highly appreciate any experience sharing.
Didn't the doctor suggest other tests?
Don't worry. The doctor may ask to come again.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I received SA letter (LVO is CPC-M) but it doesn't say anything about PCC, passports etc. Is this normal? Should I send PCC or wait for them to request. Please advise.
No, you don't need to send PCC or passport now. IRCC will ask you later for PCC and passport. Passport request is the final step before Visa. This is just a letter to tell you about the first step of application. Congratulations!

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks, I see your point and I think this makes sense.
Now in my situation, if my father does the police and medical exam and I send it to CIC along with my mother documents. considering that I did not apply for his permanent residency application initially. Do you think CIC will proceed my mother application? or they wonder how come my dad is not accompanying and rejecting my mother application too.
No they dont care even later you dad wants to come as long as still married. Your dad will have to process medical examination and ppc. The only problem if he WILL NOT cooperate for these documents.