+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Sin

Since I will going inside to their office to pay $9. Do you think they will have information for biometrics appointment in their system ?
No. Many other people already did the bio in US without any hassles or problems. Don't overthink a simple process.

probability007

Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-24-2015
AOR Received.
05-26-2015
File Transfer...
06-26-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Remedical 28th March 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Did anyone get AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) when the file was sent on June 26th? Are there any people still waiting for it.
Please let me know as I have not received anything yet and am wondering should I be calling them to find out?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

Nancy17

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello,

Please help me with this: With SA letter i received request to submit passport copy. it says like this:

Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.

1. question is, I have to submit all pages including empty ones? or only the ones with stamps?
2. I know most of you already submitted this. Can you please help me with this? Have you submitted pdf's with separate pages or as 1 file?

Thank you

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,

Please help me with this: With SA letter i received request to submit passport copy. it says like this:

Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.

1. question is, I have to submit all pages including empty ones? or only the ones with stamps?
2. I know most of you already submitted this. Can you please help me with this? Have you submitted pdf's with separate pages or as 1 file?

Thank you
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1560#post-8198912

takinghits16

Apr 12, 2015
Can anyone confirm if Parents that arrive to Canada under this program are able to apply for Child Care Benefits?

I am under the impression they can't get welfare since the Sponsor is responsible for that piece however not exactly sure what they get if anything?

racinvr8

Jul 19, 2019
My biometrics appointment is scheduled for the last day( within 1 month( we have to submit it by. Do they get the results instantly? Also I tried calling Client support but the phone 1888 242 2100 doesn't work anymore? is there a new number?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My biometrics appointment is scheduled for the last day( within 1 month( we have to submit it by. Do they get the results instantly? Also I tried calling Client support but the phone 1888 242 2100 doesn't work anymore? is there a new number?
Normally biometrics are uploaded same day.

sbo2019

Aug 27, 2019
Congratulation for DM on PA side.
Did you already receive PPR letter?
@laxsun
Thanks, I never received a separate PPR letter. I treated the request letter that I received on Oct 9th as PPR. The main content of the letter was:

"THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
 Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination
 Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate
Please submit passport only after medical completion
 Pay the biometric fee and send us the receipt by email"

So my mum presented this letter at the VAC in Lagos to drop off:
Proofs of medical & Biometric fee, Police Certificate and PASSPORT all at once. I decided to do this because of the part of the letter in bold. Her medical was complete back in April during her Visa extension application.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun
Please update Line 132, application complete, Passport on route to VAC center in Lagos from Accra LVO. I saw this in the online tracking. It was mailed out last Friday.

Thanks all and all the best.

Reactions: serious_cheese