+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

joyus

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Did u already get the notes? When did you get them and what date did u order them? So myslef @calgary17 @Roya-FSW @p2019 we've been waiting in process for over 2 months now and we were told they have sent an inquiry to the province to see if we have ever received social assistance which we have never. And they are waiting on that report before they issue sponsor approval. Our review of eligibility in my cic shows we will send you a message when we start reviewing the eligibility.
I received mine on Oct 26th, but there was no mention of enquiry send regarding social assistance, infact it said I have not received EI during my eligibility period. There were no red flags anywhere from what i could see, just that it was waiting to reviewed by VO. yes on my CIC too i have your same message. Is you background check in progress?

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
I received mine on Oct 26th, but there was no mention of enquiry send regarding social assistance, infact it said I have not received EI during my eligibility period. There were no red flags anywhere from what i could see, just that it was waiting to reviewed by VO. yes on my CIC too i have your same message. Is you background check in progress?

Yes my background check is in progress.

When did u order the notes?

Reactions: Rushdanalb

joyus

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Yes my background check is in progress.

When did u order the notes?
Beginning of October.

I bet we have the same VO who only will process the eligibility once the background check is done. Not sure how long that is going to take. It is bit unfortunate though!

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
now it all make sense. thank you, I really appreciate your help.

So sponsor can receive his sponsorship related update through email (or mail or representative if chosen). BUT it wont be through myCIC as sponsorship application can not be linked to myCIC.

PR application updates can be received through myCIC if application has been linked to the myCIC account. The myCIC account can be of anyone either sponsor (this is your case) or PA (this is my case).
Can PA link his PR application in his mycic account after appointing sponsor as his representative OR only only sponsor has right to link application in his mycic account. Thanks

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Beginning of October.

I bet we have the same VO who only will process the eligibility once the background check is done. Not sure how long that is going to take. It is bit unfortunate though!

so did you got the notes "before" 30 days of ordering them?

hahaha true. but our cases aren't approved yet and there isn't something like pending senior review like yours, Ours is awaiting province letter and that is not fun:D @calgary17

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Hi
do we have a PPR sample here. I searched but couldn’t find.
I just wanna know if they require photos to be sent along with the passport. If yes, how many and any specific requirements?
I also need to see a sample for photo requirements.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

two questions :

1. my parents and their dependent are in India, while their file is being processed. How would they go about getting upfront PCC and medicals ? Just want to get it done to avoid any glitches or last minute delays. (will redo if it expires or gets requested again)

2. we have a paid representative on our file. how can we submit the upfront medical and PCC ?

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application received May 29, 2019

SA approved and biometrics completed October 31, 2019. Since then PA in process and no further update from NDVO. Has anyone received IME or PCC request from NDVO recently. It seems that only CPC-Mississauga is moving forward with requests. NDVO is stuck.

Reactions: laxsun

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
hi
just got Biometrics letter for my parents (kunalap #1 in sheet).
can someone update. @YULIA-2016 @robertp

their appointment is tentatively for Tuesday afternoon.
Are they supposed to collect something after giving prints/photo?

does status online change to something like "biometrics received"?

thanks.
they will give a piece of stamped paper and it's updated in myCIC on the same day in most cases.

geetu777

Nov 8, 2019
& all this time you waste with so many "consultants" you never send a web request for exemption or extension?

The only way you can do that is via webform, not over the phone. Send a request today, explain the situation and ask for an exemption. You will not get the exemption and so mention that if they refuse the exemption, you are seeking for an extension to complete this in future date. Do not mention about their age or health condition as that might negatively impact the review process.
Thanks for replying, I have send the request yesterday either for extension or exemption via web form. I just wanted to know from this forum if somebody else had the same situation, were they exempted or only got extension? if they did get extension was it for another month or until they open the centers in Canada?Dec 2 is the due date to present them to get the Biometrics. I just had their medical done today. PCC is and all other missing documents has been sent. So seems like Biometrics is the only obstacle. I anybody else has info please share. Thanks

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Can PA link his PR application in his mycic account after appointing sponsor as his representative OR only only sponsor has right to link application in his mycic account. Thanks
Only principal application's account can link to their permanent residency. Sponsor, whether pointed as representative or not, do not have the option to link to their parents'/grandparents' PR application.