+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
Hello everyone. I am new here on this forum. Could you please help me to write a resume for parents and what are the country specific requirements?
Welcome to this forum. For "Country Specific Requirements", please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on IRCC website here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

As for the resume for parents, it can be as simple as one page on a word document. Just include the full name, and education and employment information from the age of 18.

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Hi everyone, I have a question about submitting PCC/Travel document/IMM5562/Resume via email. Given then 5mb attachment restriction, can we submit the requested documents in separate emails? And how strict are they on the attachment size?

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
Hi everyone, I have a question about submitting PCC/Travel document/IMM5562/Resume via email. Given then 5mb attachment restriction, can we submit the requested documents in separate emails? And how strict are they on the attachment size?
Hi, where did you read about the 5 MB file size restriction. When I sent passport for my mom via email, the file size was close to 9 mb. I did not receive any error message.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Thanks for the prompt reply. Any idea which date are they processing now. I am not able to some how access the tracker so cannot see any data.
Hi, I have still not received the AOR for the application submitted. Not sure by when I will receive the AOR.

Below are my details. How this can be added to the tracker -
Invitation received: 27-Apr-19
Application Submitted: 24-Jun-19
Application Delivered (By Canada Post): 26-Jun-19
AOR Received: WAITING

Reactions: laxsun

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
After PPR, the visa office will issue immigrant visas to applicants.
They have to land in Canada to become PR within the validity of medical (one year).

Parents will travel to Canada after getting visa. If they are here, they have to go to another country and make landing to become PR.
Thank you for the great info.
Where should we send the passports to? I'm thinking how should the parents send the passports From home countries? If posting passports is possible at all

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Hi, where did you read about the 5 MB file size restriction. When I sent passport for my mom via email, the file size was close to 9 mb. I did not receive any error message.
Third bullet point in the section after email address and address to send in physical copy says:
"please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB".

Email is from CPC Missisauga. I guess it's good that the email doesn't get rejected due to attachment size then!

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
Third bullet point in the section after email address and address to send in physical copy says:
"please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB".

Email is from CPC Missisauga. I guess it's good that the email doesn't get rejected due to attachment size then!
Thanks for clarifying. You are right. I see that line in my letter too. Now I am wondering whether I should resize the passports and resend the file. Hmmm

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Very good. Good thing that your parents got US visa I was about to get my father but the appointment for interview in Toronto will compromise the deadline for the bio.. hope everything goes well for your parents..
I guess you can just go to canadian port of entry (land border) to do Biometrics by showing them request letter and paying fees. I'm pretty sure you can do there too

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Line # 305

Please update the tracker with the following information:
IME (Medical Exam) passed on October 15
PCC and other documents (Travel history, Resume, copy of passport) submitted to CPC-M on October 16 via email.

Thanks!!

Reactions: robertp

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
@mimistry,

Hi,

Congratulations on receiving the passport request. May I check whether they asked your parents for biometrics? I am assuming they were already in Canada at the time of application and did not receive biometrics request. I appreciate your clarification.

Also when you initially sent the copies of passport, did you only submit copies of the latest passport? Or copies of all passports (including old passports) to show records for any travels in the past 10 years?

Thanks

FreshT

Oct 16, 2019
Hi Folks,

Got a question regarding country specific requirement. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp) When I select spouse and my country, the result shows: There are no extra forms for this country. However under "instruction for documents", it indicates that a document called "Hukou" is required.

My questions is which one of the below is correct:

A. No action is required because the result shows "There are no extra forms for this country"
B. Action is required. Need to submit "Hukou" as per the "instruction for documents"

Many thanks !

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
You can send separate emails

Reactions: mia1588