+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019
Curious - I got biometrics request and subsequently medical request. But the status on my "sponsor's eligibility" is still "in process". Sounds odd for them to request medical if Sponsor's eligibility check has not been determined in the first place. Anyone else got into this situation before?

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello guys,

I am little curious regarding biometrics. I need your suggestions.

My parents are here on visit visa. I have applied for there extension.
When i got the file number I also updated there residential address to canadian one.
What are the chance of getting biometrics?
Can i get biometrics done in canada or can i get them waived if they request one?

So far i have received AOR .
What happens after AOR?

What are my options?
We really need them here for now as I have a new born.

Please help.
You will get the bio. You cannot do it Canada and cannot ask for waiver. There are some rumors going around that they are opening centers end of this yr. If that happened and given you are only AoR stage...you might do it in here.

if not you have to do it in US.

Reactions: Paramveer Lall

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello guys,

I am little curious regarding biometrics. I need your suggestions.

My parents are here on visit visa. I have applied for there extension.
When i got the file number I also updated there residential address to canadian one.
What are the chance of getting biometrics?
Can i get biometrics done in canada or can i get them waived if they request one?

So far i have received AOR .
What happens after AOR?

What are my options?
We really need them here for now as I have a new born.

Please help.
I can understand your situation. As you have time now, isn’t it possible for you to apply fo a US visa For them meanwhile?

Chances of waiving, I can not say much.
Its really 50-50 situation.

But getting a US visa would be a good option. And whats your application receive date? May be if its gonna take a while for you to receive bio request, probably by then they open bio collection centres in Canada but no one is sure about it.
They were saying that they will be opening some in Canada in 2019, and now on twitter they said they have plans to do it by the end of 2019, but you never know if they will really commit to that period. So i would suggest if you can get a US visa for them, get that so you will be more safe.

“Hi. We are aiming to have biometrics collection service in place by the end of 2019. More information will be available on our website at a later date so keep checking for updates.”
https://twitter.com/citimmcanada/status/1181636552851628032?s=21

Reactions: Paramveer Lall

Paramveer Lall

Jun 18, 2019
I can understand your situation. As you have time now, isn’t it possible for you to apply fo a US visa For them meanwhile?

Chances of waiving, I can not say much.
Its really 50-50 situation.

But getting a US visa would be a good option. And whats your application receive date? May be if its gonna take a while for you to receive bio request, probably by then they open bio collection centres in Canada but no one is sure about it.
They were saying that they will be opening some in Canada in 2019, and now on twitter they said they have plans to do it by the end of 2019, but you never know if they will really commit to that period. So i would suggest if you can get a US visa for them, get that so you will be more safe.

“Hi. We are aiming to have biometrics collection service in place by the end of 2019. More information will be available on our website at a later date so keep checking for updates.”
https://twitter.com/citimmcanada/status/1181636552851628032?s=21
My application receive dat was June 5th,2019.
I live in toronto and us visa interview time is 77days from the time you apply.

How long the bio request takes to come . I hope i get exempted from it. Or the centres open asap.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
My application receive dat was June 5th,2019.
I live in toronto and us visa interview time is 77days from the time you apply.

How long the bio request takes to come . I hope i get exempted from it. Or the centres open asap.
I am May 10th, and still waiting for bio.
But a lot of people up to May 26-28 have already got it.
So for you, if everything remains like this, might come in 2-4 weeks, but Can’t say anything for sure.
Exemtion is really hard as mentioned by @bdidol
But you can try to get some extra time by requesting them.

Paramveer Lall

Jun 18, 2019
I am May 10th, and still waiting for bio.
But a lot of people up to May 26-28 have already got it.
So for you, if everything remains like this, might come in 2-4 weeks, but Can’t say anything for sure.
Exemtion is really hard as mentioned by @bdidol
But you can try to get some extra time by requesting them.
Does bio comes first or medical ?
Whats the criteria after AOR

navin1207

Mar 3, 2018
hi, i haven't got the AOR yet. my application got received on June 18th. is there a number i can call and enquire about the status of the application?

Sully_McGregor

Feb 21, 2018
Has anyone got Background Check in myCIC changed to We are processing your background check recently, especially after submitting additional documents asked by IRCC?
Once Background Check changes to 'We are processing your background check', how long does it generally take to complete this stage?

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Please update, received email on Sep 27 requesting additional documents such as RPRF fee, pcc, passport copy, cv/resume, travel history etc.

All requested document submitted today via email.

Many thanks.

Reactions: robertp

neet13

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The online status changed to in process. When I click on it says that we started processing your application on 9th October. What should I expect next?

Reactions: robertp