+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
My Mom did her Biometrics in St. Paul, Minnesota. Still not reflecting on MyCIC, whereas I notice most people see an update within a couple of days. Today I uploaded the receipt she got via webform. Anything else to do? Or just be patient? Anyone else experienced a time lag of 2 weeks?

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Based on tracker, I don't think you were requested the documents in the mass email on Sept 27th. (RPRF fees, Passport All pages copy, PCC, Travel History (IMM5562e), CV/Resume)

@snganu This question should be asked to @rhonaleen17 who has already received the PA DM after s/he submitted the documents on Sept27th . Did myCIC "Review of additional documents" change after submission of the documents?
mycic is still the same
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
but the ecas of my father as principal applicant for permanent residence is already decision made and I don’t know what it means. I tried to call to find out but it’s hard to contact them. I guess I just need to wait for the next couple of weeks.

lrajesh

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
@robertp I got the medicals request, could you update the excel please... Here are the complete details

Line # in tracker: 337(lrajesh)
Invitations Receive Date: Apr. 27, 2019
Application recd in Ottawa Date: May 27, 2019
AoR Received (DATE): Sep 05, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. : DM
Ecas Status for PR appl.: In Progress
Sponsorship In process Date: Oct 03, 2019
Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Oct 04, 2019
Medicals request date: 09th Oct 2019
LVO - CPC Mississauga

Last edited:
Reactions: robertp

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
Hi folks,

When sending the copies of passport (travel document), should we just send the copies of last passport? Or copies of all previous passports as far back as 10 years to show all the details of travel history?
The instructions from IRCC in their letter reads: "Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport."

Based on this paragraph I am assuming only the copies of most recent passport should suffice, but I am hearing from some members who sent older passport copies too.

Thoughts?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
mycic is still the same
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
but the ecas of my father as principal applicant for permanent residence is already decision made and I don’t know what it means. I tried to call to find out but it’s hard to contact them. I guess I just need to wait for the next couple of weeks.
Thats what I thought...just wait for a few days.

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
I cant see any instruction about Medical in Instruction guide for PGP.

My question is can we do upfront Medical. Is it acceptable for pgp application? And how results are sent in upfront medical. Anyone did it for their parents? Were those accepted?

MITESHKAPADIA

Apr 19, 2011
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
PER received on 21st December 2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
22-02-2012
Med's Done....
24-02-2012 Medical sent: 27-02-2012 RPRF encashed on 23rd march
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2012 Passport sent: 27-02-2012 RPRF encashed on 23rd march
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2012.......
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@robertp @YULIA-2016
Please update. MITESH KAPADIA - Letter received dated October 11 from New Delhi visa office requesting PCC and travel history. I have not yet received medical though. What's usual steps. Isn't medical comes before PCC?

Reactions: robertp

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
Hi folks,

When sending the copies of passport (travel document), should we just send the copies of last passport? Or copies of all previous passports as far back as 10 years to show all the details of travel history?
The instructions from IRCC in their letter reads: "Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport."

Based on this paragraph I am assuming only the copies of most recent passport should suffice, but I am hearing from some members who sent older passport copies too.

Thoughts?
Opinion was divided.... My situation is the same as yours and I sent just the most recent one. Others sent passports covering the last 10 years. If you do that, though, then your travel form has to mention all the travel history, from both passports.
Have not seen any comments about IRCC getting just the most recent one, then asking for additional details from old passport, but it's too soon for that kind of feedback.

Reactions: mostafa2008

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Has anyone got Background Check in myCIC changed to We are processing your background check recently, especially after submitting additional documents asked by IRCC?
In my case, the Background check is "We are processing your background check" from day 1. What was yours ?

niel_ca

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
In my case, the Background check is "We are processing your background check" from day 1. What was yours ?
Mine just updated with that status on Background Check on My CIC.

Also my ECAS is now showing "Decision Made". Havent received any further correspondence since Oct 2nd mass document email. Any suggestion what the ECAS status change might mean?

Reactions: Gast2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011

Also my ECAS is now showing "Decision Made". Havent received any further correspondence since Oct 2nd mass document email. Any suggestion what the ECAS status change might mean?
Hello @niel_ca . Your ECAS for Principal Applicant changed to "Decision Made" or for sponsor ?

niel_ca

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016

And an extra line on ECAS for me......" We started processing your application on October 10, 2019."