+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Reactions: laxsun

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Hey, like I said, no intent to be rude or rub it in. Trust me I had to wait for my DM as well, I was one of the last ones to get in the May 6th batch...

apologies if it came across as rude...but you can see in other posts for @ZOYAMAN13 that I have also made helpful suggestions...
Hey no no @zeiesfirdaus that's fine.
Also I'm sorry if I've bother you with my questions. I'm just really anxious and I have anxiety as it means a lot. Lol let's hope for IRCC free life soon

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi All, I received an email on Sep 27th for additional documents like RPRF fees, Passport copy, PCC, Travel summary.

The letter doesn't have a due date to submit the documents. I am planning to submit everything in January 2020. Do you think it will a problem?
Are you in the tracker? Can you please send following information to be added in the tracker:
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
Please tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Has anyone got Background Check in myCIC changed to We are processing your background check recently, especially after submitting additional documents asked by IRCC?

sbo2019

Aug 27, 2019
@robertp

My ECAS status for sponsor and applicant: Application received. How long will it take to get AoR after that? I am worried about my application. I am may 8th applicant but no update yet.
I am may 8th too. Got my AOR July 11th. Did you check your email filters? They should have emailed you. Check the tracker too to see if anyone else is experiencing similar situation

sbo2019

Aug 27, 2019
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp
Please update line 136
Update: I used webform and email to submit medical proof yesterday Oct. 9th. (Not sure which one worked).
ECAS updated today reads "October 10, 2019 You passed the medical exam"

Reactions: laxsun

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp
Please update line 136
Update: I used webform and email to submit medical proof yesterday Oct. 9th. (Not sure which one worked).
ECAS updated today reads "October 10, 2019 You passed the medical exam"
Hi. Did you submit a previous medical report? Or is this a current one that your parent/s recently had?

i submitted my mom’s medical report last Sept 17th via webform. But CIC is not yet updated, up to this date.

Tameraq5

Jun 11, 2019
That's the Canadian Embassy in Amman. They knew about these countries because they are mentioned in my dad's education

How did the embassy know about this? Is it something they see in their database about any country he stayed in or did you mention those countries on his travel history form?

sbo2019

Aug 27, 2019
Hi. Did you submit a previous medical report? Or is this a current one that your parent/s recently had?

i submitted my mom’s medical report last Sept 17th via webform. But CIC is not yet updated, up to this date.
A medical was requested by cic and completed in April, 2019 as part of my mom's visa extension for her visit in Canada. I gave the immigration medical doctor in Canada my email where they sent me a copy of the "eMedical information sheet".
CIC requested medical test or proof by email yesterday (I missed the request on ecas for weeks) so I then sent by webform and email.

To your question, I submitted the old eMedical information sheet that was issued to me back in April. Medicals are valid for 1year.

For your case, I wouldn't worry. It maybe dependent on the LVO. I used the accra email address.

Last edited:

Paramveer Lall

Jun 18, 2019
Hello guys,

I am little curious regarding biometrics. I need your suggestions.

My parents are here on visit visa. I have applied for there extension.
When i got the file number I also updated there residential address to canadian one.
What are the chance of getting biometrics?
Can i get biometrics done in canada or can i get them waived if they request one?

So far i have received AOR .
What happens after AOR?

What are my options?
We really need them here for now as I have a new born.

Please help.

sbo2019

Aug 27, 2019
They will not waive it. Only parents under super visa, who are here for a longer period of time (or under visitor visa but staying for a longer period) got waiver so far I believe.
I agree. I copied this from cic site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

"How often you need to give your fingerprints and photo

Visitor visa, study and work permit applicants
You only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. You don’t need to give your biometrics again until the 10-year period expires.

If you gave biometrics in the past as part of an application for a visitor visa, work or study permit and they’re still valid, you don’t need to give them again.

Find out if your biometrics are still valid and when they expire by using the Check Status Tool.

Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.

Find out how to give your biometrics."

Reactions: SAM_2014