Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
@RAY2112 @luckymystery
I called CIC Call Centre, and the rep did not look into my file but said that their internal process is to start processing applications within 18 weeks which is around 4 months. So, max by early September we should have our applications reviewed. Hope so :)
Thanks for the info. I hope so too.

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
Hey guys,

CIC received my parent's file on May 27th, and I still haven't heard anything from them. Does it usually take this long for CIC to start processing the file?

Thanks!

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I got this email today morning addressing my Mom only:

Dear Mr./Ms. xxxxxxxxxxxx
This is in reference to your visa application for Canada.
Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the Panel Physician who performed your immigration medical examination or to another e-Medical enabled Panel Physician (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). The Panel Physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

Please contact PP for an appointment to comply with this request at the earliest. Failure to do so may result in the closing of your Immigration medical file, which may result in the refusal of your application.
Please quote your IME number on all correspondence with this office.
Sincerely,

Officer
Regional Medical Office
High Commission of Canada
Chanakyapuri, P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi-110021, India
Hi,

Do you have other family members in the application too? i.e. your dad or other dependent of your mom?
Does their medical show as passed or its put on hold while your mom has to go for further tests.
How much time they provided you to complete the additional tests, as the letter you mentioned above does not say any time frame.
Actually, i anm expecting some additional tests for my mom also, thats why i am gathering this information.

Thanks in advance!
And Good Luck, hope your mom clears all the tests very soon :)

Reactions: jaindba

JAY1982

Jun 1, 2018
Most likely it is passport request.
I hope so, but I was confused because all other correspondence from IRCC has been by email. This time, I didn't receive any email on 31 July. Could the Passport Request be sent to me, the sponsor, in Canada in order to forward to my parents who are being sponsored from Iraq?

multipleapplications

Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys, I am new here. I sent the application on June 11 and according to Canada Post, the post was received on June 13. Has anyone seen any update on the cic website? I tried to enter the website using my UCI and my details. I keep getting no records available. Has anyone received any update for applications received on June 13?
Same boat. No update yet. From the spreadsheet, it appears we should expect to hear in early September.

csdarji

Jun 20, 2017
Something similar happened to me. I also provided my e-mail and can see my application in myCIC but the officer decided to send me a letter through Canada Post (I am still waiting, it was sent July 17).

It could be the immigration officer discretion to decide how they communicate with us??

Good luck!
@Happy Canuck Did you receive anything from CIC?

S_007

Aug 4, 2019
Please add me in tracker :-

Sponsored People: Mother & Father
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Province: Punjab
Invitations Receive Date: April 25
Application received in Ottawa Date: May 15, 2019
AoR Received (DATE): July 31, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: Not yet
Sponsorship In process Date: Not yet
Sponsor ship Decision Made Date: Not yet
Biometric request date : Not Yet
MyCIC update: Not yet

Reactions: idefix and robertp

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
In my case, my parents never got the BioMetrics done when they applied for Super Visa 3 years ago, so they now asked for BioMetrics to be done.
@DarKnight and @bdidol ,
There's someone in tracker whose parents never did a bio before they came to Canada. He/she got a refund for the bio fees. So nobody is sure on what's happening with bio requests.[/QUOTE]

MIL never had bio done before, she was here on supervisa when applying and is still here. She wasn't requested for Bio, now her passport is already received by Ottawa. I plan to ask for a refund after PR card is issued in order not to complicate things.

Someone posted the guide a long time ago that apparently the key is in Canada when applying, ie use Canadian address as current residence.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
I hope so, but I was confused because all other correspondence from IRCC has been by email. This time, I didn't receive any email on 31 July. Could the Passport Request be sent to me, the sponsor, in Canada in order to forward to my parents who are being sponsored from Iraq?
PPR would be sent to PA via email, if you left an email address in the application form. If any doubt, you can call to find out what correspondence it was.

JAY1982

Jun 1, 2018
PPR would be sent to PA via email if you left an email address in the application form. If any doubt, you can call to find out what correspondence it was.
Thank you. I did call IRCC yesterday, and the agent said she couldn't see what the correspondence was because the file was being handled by the Visa Office. But the Visa Office has not sent me an email as they did previously with every step, including when they requested additional documents back in April 2019. It is really bizarre and confusing! I have sent an email to the Visa Office to see if they can resend me whatever correspondence was sent on 31 July!

Last edited: