Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Q- Only for parents who are already in Canada before submitting application (Visit or Supervisa)
-Why some are receiving BIO request and others no request ? Is VISA Type playing some role here ?

@robertp any insight ?

Reactions: Mesad

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Q- Only for parents who are already in Canada before submitting application (Visit or Supervisa)
-Why some are receiving BIO request and others no request ? Is VISA Type playing some role here ?

@robertp any insight ?
-Why some are receiving BIO request and others no request ? No idea
- Is VISA Type playing some role here ? its just guess !! not confirm ans from CIC on this.

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
-Why some are receiving BIO request and others no request ? No idea
- Is VISA Type playing some role here ? its just guess !! not confirm ans from CIC on this.
For people who got their BioMetrics done while applying for their Super Visa, I think they are not being asked for BioMetrics.

In my case, my parents never got the BioMetrics done when they applied for Super Visa 3 years ago, so they now asked for BioMetrics to be done.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
For people who got their BioMetrics done while applying for their Super Visa, I think they are not being asked for BioMetrics.

In my case, my parents never got the BioMetrics done when they applied for Super Visa 3 years ago, so they now asked for BioMetrics to be done.
Yes that is the case. If anyone here in Supervisa did bio before and still get the bio request, they should ask CIC for exemption.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Yes that is the case. If anyone here in Supervisa did bio before and still get the bio request, they should ask CIC for exemption.
what about visitor visa? my mom did bio 2 years ago for a visitor visa and it is listed in mycic.

arsenelupina

Aug 7, 2019
I'm worried now, my application has been received by CIC on May 20, but still haven't see any update since then.

Last edited:

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
so frustrated...no update since June 12th....
Did you call IRCC at all, Hallie? Try to give them a call, ask questions like if there's any docs request or any flag on the case. Most likely you have nothing to worry about. But hopefully the agent can confirm that nothing's wrong at the moment, and secondly, tell you what's going on. I don't see tracker right now so I don't remember when your application was received. But seeing people from May 7th have been getting DM, I would just call.

Reactions: hallieliu

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
In my case, my parents never got the BioMetrics done when they applied for Super Visa 3 years ago, so they now asked for BioMetrics to be done.[/QUOTE]

@DarKnight and @bdidol ,
There's someone in tracker whose parents never did a bio before they came to Canada. He/she got a refund for the bio fees. So nobody is sure on what's happening with bio requests.

Reactions: DC1018

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
There's someone in tracker whose parents never did a bio before they came to Canada. He/she got a refund for the bio fees. So nobody is sure on what's happening with bio requests.

... Do you know which user? CO might made a mistake...but it is consistent across the board for all..if parents under super visa with bio living here, they got exempted.

Reactions: ankz001

arsenelupina

Aug 7, 2019
@deleter i just noticed the tracker. I received invitation letter on April 24th, sent out application on May 20th. Received an email telling me to apply if i have not on June 18 th

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019

... Do you know which user? CO might made a mistake...but it is consistent across the board for all..if parents under super visa with bio living here, they got exempted.
Not sure who it was but hopefully all members after reading this post might be able to reply if they were in a similar situation (got refund on their bio even if they havn't done bio before for their parents).

arsenelupina

Aug 7, 2019
Anyone tried below phone number to verify your application? or if there are a different number out there.

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
    If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.

• Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
    • make decisions on applications
    • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing