+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Smash25

Sep 30, 2018
Hi

I have one query and need suggestion please. While paying my mother PR processing fee i have paid her bio-metric fee amount 2 time but rest of the fee paid is correct. Now due to this mistake I can see any impact on my mother PR application ? I am getting concerned and not sure how can i correct it.

Thanks!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@Here guys need your help.
I tried linking application to online account but always unsuccessful. I tried it from my account as well as from principle applicants account.
I got AOR on July 11 and also under sponsor application it says decision made. Can some one guide me what to do next?

I called CIC today to update my address and they told me that sponsorship approval email was sent to me on July 19, but I didn't receive any email. The agent told me it may take days or even weeks to receive the email again as it depends on the officer who have this file.

For people who got the medical and pcc requests, did you got two different emails i.e. one for sponsorship approval and one for medical-pcc request or was it all in 1 email?
Do you know your In process date ? Check in ecas your in process date . Line # 2.

To link in MyCIC use PA details and passport # and date.
Count family member use this formula = [sponsor + if cosigner] no kids + [ PA + if dep]

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi

I have one query and need suggestion please. While paying my mother PR processing fee i have paid her bio-metric fee amount 2 time but rest of the fee paid is correct. Now due to this mistake I can see any impact on my mother PR application ? I am getting concerned and not sure how can i correct it.

Thanks!
No impact. You will get a refund.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi since how long your mom is staying in Canada? I'm May 8th Applicant and haven't received the Sponsorship Approval and my father is in Canada in Supervisa hope he will not get the Biometrics.
Actually you should hope that they send the biometric request instead of exempt it as it will shorten the background check time a lot (which is bulk of the processing time). I would rather have them do the biometric, it is a bit inconvenient but it help reduce a few months of processing time so worth it

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Actually you should hope that they send the biometric request instead of exempt it as it will shorten the background check time a lot (which is bulk of the processing time). I would rather have them do the biometric, it is a bit inconvenient but it help reduce a few months of processing time so worth it
Not sure whether will get the biometric request as my father is staying in Canada from last 3 year. Even if get it I can always go to Buffalo and get the biometrics done. My application is stuck in process since July 24th and eagerly waiting for SA.

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
My mom is here from March this year and her visitor record is valid until December. I am not expecting to get a biometrics request as she is here in Canada. But some of the applicants have received even though the parents are in Canada. Hence wanted to confirm if anyone has received after receiving the SA letter .
Thanks. Yes, there are some applicants whose parents are in Canada and they still received the biometric request.

MTLasalle

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Do you know your In process date ? Check in ecas your in process date . Line # 2.

To link in MyCIC use PA details and passport # and date.
Count family member use this formula = [sponsor + if cosigner] no kids + [ PA + if dep]
Thanks.
I process date is July 16, 2019.
I tried this way but it doesent work

Reactions: robertp

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
This assumption is false. Biometrics collection has nothing to do with background check. Check my progress, search and read a great post in this forum on background check.

Reactions: hnsh0039

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
IMM 0008
I am confused, called the customer support - the did not give the exact reply.
I am sponsoring just my mom, my dad canadian citizen - they are married.
In question #3 about the number of people in this application - I put 2 ppl.

Than there is question about the dependants:
(You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.)

Should I include my dad in this section?