+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
IMM 0008
I am confused, called the customer support - the did not give the exact reply.
I am sponsoring just my mom, my dad canadian citizen - they are married.
In question #3 about the number of people in this application - I put 2 ppl.

Than there is question about the dependants:
(You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.)

Should I include my dad in this section?
Try 3 if you dont have Co-signer

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
1 - mom
2- dad
who is the third one?
sponsor (You + if you have cosigner)

formula is = [Sponsor + if cosigner] no kids + [ PA + if dep]

PS:if your Ecas not available >> you can not link. . please wait for Ecas first before link to MyCIC. as per tracker your Ecas not available yet.

Last edited:

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I am asking about form imm 0008 question 3!
IMM0008 question 3 = Ans is 1

as per CIC letter dated Aug 1st asking to Add your Dad info in IMM008 you have to include your dad name: and send cover letter same time about your dad current status in Canada .\
- if your original form have Dependent(s) section missing you have to filled this time. if this is tha case Que 3 ans will be 1 and complete dependent section on new IMM008

did you mention your dad info in original May 9th form when you submitted application under dependents section? if not might CIC will asked you to filled that section.

out of subject Question: why your dad not sponsor ? its easy and fast .

Last edited:

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Actually you should hope that they send the biometric request instead of exempt it as it will shorten the background check time a lot (which is bulk of the processing time). I would rather have them do the biometric, it is a bit inconvenient but it help reduce a few months of processing time so worth it
I wonder what makes you think that biometric exemption slows down the process. @DC1018 was exempted and is the first one in this forum to get PPR. I think you should really practice some restraint before making such baseless assumptions. Good luck with your application.

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
IMM0008 question 3 = Ans is 1

as per CIC letter dated Aug 1st asking to Add your Dad info in IMM008 you have to include your dad name: and send cover letter same time about your dad current status in Canada .\
- if your original form have Dependent(s) section missing you have to filled this time. if this is tha case Que 3 ans will be 1 and complete dependent section on new IMM008

did you mention your dad info in original May 9th form when you submitted application under dependents section? if not might CIC will asked you to filled that section.

out of subject Question: why your dad not sponsor ? its easy and fast .
As per dependant section in IMM 0008 You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.)
So I should not include him

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
As per dependant section in IMM 0008 You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.)
So I should not include him
Did you mentions that on your first submission? If not submit new form with cover letter.

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Did you mentions that on your first submission? If not submit new form with cover letter.
Okay on the first submission:
1) IMM 0008
Question #3 - 1 (mom only)
Dependents section - N/A

2)Calculator - 4 ppl ( me, my spouse, mom, my baby)

Right now:

1)IMM 0008
Question #3- 2 (mom+ dad)
Dependents section - N/A

2) Calculator - 5 ppl (me, my spouse, mom , dad, my baby)

Correct?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Okay on the first submission:0

1) IMM 0008
Question #3 - 1 (mom only)
Dependents section - N/A

2)Calculator - 4 ppl ( me, my spouse, mom, my baby)

Right now:

1)IMM 0008
Question #3- 2 (mom+ dad)
Dependents section - N/A

2) Calculator - 5 ppl (me, my spouse, mom , dad, my baby)

Correct?
your first IMM0008 have missing your dad info and CIC want information about your dad under dependents section that was blank on your first submission. you have to add your dad info under dependent this time regardless where he is or what status he is.

Right Now:
1) IMM0008

Que 3 > 1 Mom only
Dependent section > your dad info . you have to provide your dad information.
Question 11(a) Dependents : Will accompany PA to Canada >> Ans :"No"
Question 11(b) reason why dependents not accompanying? provide reason. like Canadian Citizen living in Canada.

Dependant(s)
You must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependant(s).

To add a new dependant to the application, click the “Add Dependant” button, located at the bottom of the page.

To remove a dependant from the application, click the “Remove Dependant” button.

You can add up to five (5) dependants using this form.

If you have more than five (5) dependants:

To include everyone in your application you must complete the following form for each additional family member:

Note
Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If these family members are not listed on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them at a later date.

Reference:
Click here Link

Calculator: family unit = [Sponsor + Co signer+kids ] + [PA + Dep] = 5 in your case.

Last edited:

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Right Now:
1) IMM0008

Que 3 > 1 Mom only
Dependent section > your dad info . you have to provide your dad information.
Question 11(a) Dependents : Will accompany PA to Canada >> Ans :"No"
Question 11(b) reason why dependents not accompanying? provide reason. like Canadian Citizen living in Canada.

Dependant(s)

To add a new dependant to the application, click the “Add Dependant” button, located at the bottom of the page.

To remove a dependant from the application, click the “Remove Dependant” button.

To include everyone in your application you must complete the following form for each additional family member:

Note
Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If these family members are not listed on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them at a later date.

Reference:
Click here Link

Calculator: family unit = [Sponsor + Co signer+kids ] + [PA + Dep] = 5 in your case.
Dad is Citizen and as per this instruction I should not include him in the dependants section:You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.)

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Dad is Citizen and as per this instruction I should not include him in the dependants section:You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.)
Ask CIC what they want just Number(from 1 to 2) in Question 3 or Dependents info for Aug. 2nd letter?
as per my understanding you have to add Dep. after PA info. and than answer Que 11(a)and (b).

under 5772 guide go to section IMM0008 and read this

Dependant(s)

Note
Important

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Ask CIC what they want just Number(from 1 to 2) in Question 3 or Dependents info for Aug. 2nd letter?
as per my understanding you have to add Dep. after PA info. and than answer Que 11(a)and (b).

under 5772 guide go to section IMM0008 and read this

Dependant(s)

Note
Important

I will call them again tomorrow.Thank you for you time and help.