+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone..please let me know after you have sent the application what was the next thing you did in process?
Do we make any kind of account to check the status of application or we get any email with a case # to create a account?
Did anyone received any response through email whose application was received by them after 13 June?
for June 13 submission - please wait
please follow tracker to check processing
link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368

Reactions: Ron_13

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Any Cubans here trying to sponsor parents???? I really really need help. My parents are here at the moment, my father's passport as well as his Canadian visitor visa will expire march 25, 2020, just a few months away. Canadian embassy in Cuba is closed, the closest for us to go will be in Mexico, and they will need a visa to enter that country. All of that takes a lot of time, plus his passport/ visa about to expired. Any ideas of what to do???

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Any Cubans here trying to sponsor parents???? I really really need help. My parents are here at the moment, my father's passport as well as his Canadian visitor visa will expire march 25, 2020, just a few months away. Canadian embassy in Cuba is closed, the closest for us to go will be in Mexico, and they will need a visa to enter that country. All of that takes a lot of time, plus his passport/ visa about to expired. Any ideas of what to do???
Apply for visa to Mexico in advance as soon as possible. Ask Goverment if there is a chance to extend your actual Canada visa, or apply for Supervisa for Father to stay

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Apply for visa to Mexico in advance as soon as possible. Ask Goverment if there is a chance to extend your actual Canada visa, or apply for Supervisa for Father to stay
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately, to apply for a supervisa he will need to leave canada. It is a big mess right now. On top of that his passport will expire next year march. Thank you for your advice.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately, to apply for a supervisa he will need to leave canada. It is a big mess right now. On top of that his passport will expire next year march. Thank you for your advice.
I would hurry and apply for a visitor visa form Mexico ASAP, while your in those 6 months timeframe cause the airlines will let you fly still. At least you have one field cover. Because passports applications take time. We had to go to the USA to renovate passports it took around 4-6 weeks to get them back. In the meantime apply for an extension in Canada, or a Supervisa they don’t need to leave Canada for that, but once you receive the Supervisa they will need to leave Canada and re enter to get it stamped..
Hope this helps.

Reactions: LianeC

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Mexico does not require a visa if the person has a valid Canadian visa.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
You must have paid biometrics fees for both. Did they refund the biometric fees for your mom as its not required for her??
For my case, I haven't received any refund yet. IRCC did say it's currently exempted so I think it might be still required later.

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Mexico does not require a visa if the person has a valid Canadian visa.
I know and it’s good, but by the time we receive the biometrics request it will be short time for the passport and Canadian visa to expire, I’m not sure if Mexico will allow him to travel having the passport and visa expiring in a short time. Some countries don’t allow you to travel if your passport will expire within 6 months.

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
"House hold registery" is for residents of PRC.
If your parents never lived in China, then they do not need that.
Thanks for educating me...

Can you please further elaborate why House hold registry is required for PGP from residents of PRC...