+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
If she send the request now it may take more than 30 days to get a response from CIC, it is too late then
Email communication and explanation letter might get response within a week if letter states visa officer name and email with file number-need to do something. I believe .

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
If PGP applicant miss to do one signature by mistake, then where CIC returns the file, on my address or parents address?
Thank you

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Can we all send request to CIC to consider giving more time for biometric or allow exemption for those in Canada at time they got request for biometric? I believe more people request they will listen? This is a huge burden, parents are visiting us in summer and now many are in limbo
They will surely extent time for anything if you have valid reason and situation in all cases.So, I request all those who are in limbo...please email with valid explanation and reason once to extent the time for biometrics..it might delay the processing of file but still enough time will be better.

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
If PGP applicant miss to do one signature by mistake, then where CIC returns the file, on my address or parents address?
Thank you
They might not return but ask for complete form again. But depends upon case officer. They will communicate in email if you put your email address on correspondence.

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Thanks, I think for now that is the only option. But the sad thing is they request just when my parents travel here and only gives 30 days making it so inconvenient and uncessarily costly. For 70 years olds to take long flights already a burden not to mention the costs
Hi !
Sorry again for your situation. But I still suggests and believe that you should write to case officer explaining your situation either to extent time for biometrics or exception in your case. Uploading email pdf explanation letter request in MY CIC or Web form- clearly stating your file number, tickets of parents.

Reactions: calgary17

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
To get US visa being in Canada even on super visa is enough easy, my mom got without any issue. They even did not check anything. Maybe it is more difficult for people who has some ties with US.
Hey, Can you guide me or give me your number ? I want to apply for my parents US visa. And they are here on supervisa. If you could help me out a lil bit through the process. I just have some questions regarding it. If you dont mind ? Thanks!:)

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Thanks, I think for now that is the only option. But the sad thing is they request just when my parents travel here and only gives 30 days making it so inconvenient and uncessarily costly. For 70 years olds to take long flights already a burden not to mention the costs
Try to write them through web form, sometimes they are pretty quick when the issue is urgent. They should give you some extension.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
It costs over 1K for direct flight, most cheap options have a lay over in USA which requires transit visa. Cheap flights are mostly to tourist cities like Cancun not Mexico City, there is only one biometric centre in Mexico and it is in Mexico City. Carribean have no biometric centres and most flights transit in USA and many Carribean countries require visa as well. I have explored all options and only feasible way is to go back :(
please contact CIC via Web Form

check in tracker line 23 user @blueiris1228 "as per comment received biometric collection request today. only for my dad. when I submitted the appl., it indicates that my mom is in Canada and my dad is in China."

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I asked my lawyer and they replied:

You are correct that when IRCC requests for biometrics, they give 30 days to comply with the request.

IRCC says they are going to open biometric services centres within Canada but this has not happened so for now, applicants in Canada needs to go outside of the country to do this.

We had a client in Vancouver who applied for a work permit and was requested to get biometrics done. He had to go to Seattle to do it, which is the nearest from Vancouver.

If the requests come while your parents are in Canada, we can discuss this. We may need to request for an extension of time, which is permitted with an explanation.
So you can get an extension.

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
New to the forum

YULIA-2016 Please add my details

Sponsored people: Mom
Country of citizenship: China
Province: Ontario
Invitation Email: Apr 25, 2019
Application Received by CIC: April 29, 2019.
Ecas : available on May 30, 2019
Ecas status: Decision Made July 3, 2019
myCic: link application on May 31, 2019
Additional Documents requested: June 11, 2019 My Mom's Divorce Certificate
July 3, 2019 household registry &
Police Certificate(Multiple) Canada+home country
What is this document and why it is required...

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I sent an extension request through web form, will see how it goes
Also try to find other alternate contact, if possible to upload in mycic, a letter explaining the situation.
I hope they get back to you really soon with the exemption or extension, so that you can enjoy the company of your parents without this stress.
Good luck :)

Reactions: adai