+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I posted the official CIC response couple of pages back:

If you are in Canada and you receive a letter notifying you that you need to give biometrics, then you will have to leave Canada to do this. You should not travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. Instead, you should go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.
Does "You should not travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics." refer to only a day tour to get biometrics done?
How about if we stay there for a week and get biometrics done, will that work?

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
This is the information I got from US site to schedule a biometrics test at one of their centres:

PURPOSE The primary purpose for providing the requested information is to schedule your biometrics appointment with a USCIS Application Service Center to collect biometrics in support of your Canadian immigration benefit request. DHS sends the biometrics to the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada to verify your identity. Your biometrics are deleted from DHS systems once they are received by Canada.

Other than you being questioned at border and asked not to enter US solely for biometrics (if you are the unlucky case) I don't see a reason that US offices will not allow you.
Just my opinion. Experts can add on their thoughts.

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Hello,

Thanks for this tread! I'd like to sponsor my mother but I have only become a PR recently. I understand that i need to provide my last 3 notices of assessment in order to sponsor her, (I meet the LICO).

My question was can I provide my 3 noties even if I was a temporary worker then?

Many thanks for your time and help,

Cheers

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
Hello,
I got the email today from cpc Ottawa asked me to resubmit imm5406, in the email there is a link for the most recent version form, but the form can't be opened. I was looking online to find 2019 June version imm5406, I couldn't find it anywhere. Is anyone has the similar situation, is that form being replaced by the older version? Thank you.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hello,

Thanks for this tread! I'd like to sponsor my mother but I have only become a PR recently. I understand that i need to provide my last 3 notices of assessment in order to sponsor her, (I meet the LICO).

My question was can I provide my 3 noties even if I was a temporary worker then?

Many thanks for your time and help,

Cheers
Yes, provided your income for all three years meets the minimum requirement...

Reactions: French1

andy4u

Apr 1, 2019
Hello,
I got the email today from cpc Ottawa asked me to resubmit imm5406, in the email there is a link for the most recent version form, but the form can't be opened. I was looking online to find 2019 June version imm5406, I couldn't find it anywhere. Is anyone has the similar situation, is that form being replaced by the older version? Thank you.
try to download the form and open it using adobe, these forms generally don't open via the chrome or IE browsers

c_cherry

Feb 6, 2015
@YULIA-2016: Can you please share worksheet link and also add my details below:

Sponsored people: Parents
Parents country of citizenship: India
Prov. : BC
Invitation receive date: Apr 26 2019
Application received in Ottawa: June 19, 2019

Thank you

Chrobik

Jun 28, 2019
Hello,
I had a same issue a week ago, called them and explained that the June form version is not there. The agent checked and said to use the old form. So I did.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Its surprising to see that there are 7 candiates from Apr 26 to Apr 30 in the tracker who have no ecas or any updates available ?
Is it really true or they simply fail to come back to forum and provide update ?
The case from Apr 26 is peculiar as that would have been among very first application to be received.
It’s not surprising, I’m not on the tracker but my application was received on April 26th and it still says “application received”, no requests for additional info, no AOR

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
I had a same issue a week ago, called them and explained that the June form version is not there. The agent checked and said to use the old form. So I did.
Thx a lot. It is very confusing. I will use the older version form and will explain in the email.

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hi Everyone

From last 7 years,I was trying to apply parents PR. Fortunately, I have selected in 2019 PGP and got the invitation. My application was received by Ottawa on Jun 3, 2019.

Now the main concern, how can I find out that I am lucky enough to come in 20,000 applications. Is there any way to find out ?

I am very stressed.

Thank You

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
It seems the biometric requests are faked! I called the agent and she said they have not sent it to anyone yet, only after sponsor approval will they send bio request

Reactions: Dainik