+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
It says:

If you are already legally in the United States, you may go to a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Application Support Center (ASC) or a Visa Application Centre (VAC) located in the United States or its territories.
What does You must already be legally in the U.S. to go to an ASC mean?

Can't you travel there as a tourist and get the BioMetrics done?

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
What does You must already be legally in the U.S. to go to an ASC mean?

Can't you travel there as a tourist and get the BioMetrics done?
I assume that if you have a visa or from visa exempt country then you can go to US for bio metrics, but the request for bio-metrics is not a reason for entering US without visa for bio-metrics. Maybe it is based on the IRCC experience, when applicants after getting the request made an appointment and assumed that they are eligible to enter US for bio-metrics. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
I assume that if you have a visa or from visa exempt country then you can go to US for bio metrics, but the request for bio-metrics is not a reason for entering US without visa for bio-metrics. Maybe it is based on the IRCC experience, when applicants after getting the request made an appointment and assumed that they are eligible to enter US for bio-metrics. :rolleyes:
2 things are really bizarre about all this...
  1. Why can't you give Biometrics while in Canada!?
  2. Why can't you goto the US to give Biometrics as a tourist!? (or can you?)
If you really can't do any of the above 2, you would essentially need to send your parents back to their home country to get Biometrics done, which is just insane as it involves a lot of cost and time just to do so (especially if it is on a short notice).

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
If you really can't do any of the above 2, you would essentially need to send your parents back to their home country to get Biometrics done, which is just insane as it involves a lot of cost and time just to do so (especially if it is on a short notice).
  1. may be because of no VAS / vias office in Canada
  2. you can go to USA and complete Biometrics . i dont think as a tourist any issue. just need to provide local address for stay just in case if they ask.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
in tracker your Parents country of citizenship and your province missing. please provide to @YULIA-2016

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi everyone,

My parents are moving to a new place in the same city.
I have provided mailing address mine from Canada as being a representative.
Do i still need to update their residential address to CIC or no?

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
For those applicants whose parents are already in Canada on visitor/ super visa, are you planning on Applying for parent's US visa(in case they don't have one) for biometrics now. I don't want to send mum back home just for doing biometrics, she came here just 3 months ago and air tickets look like for $2 k to $3k for next 2-3 months.
Do we have any other options?
PS- I know if there will be no other option, then I will have to send mum back :(

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
True that!

in my case, my mom just recently got here on a visitor visa and is planning to stay for the next six months...If she receives the biometrics request, because of USA's travel ban on my country, she cannot get a US visa.
Does it mean that she has to go back home or maybe go to one of the countries in South America that has a VAC centre?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
For those applicants whose parents are already in Canada on visitor/ super visa, are you planning on Applying for parent's US visa(in case they don't have one) for biometrics now. I don't want to send mum back home just for doing biometrics, she came here just 3 months ago and air tickets look like for $2 k to $3k for next 2-3 months.
Do we have any other options?
PS- I know if there will be no other option, then I will have to send mum back :(
I think though I am not sure, Canadian visitors do not need visa to Mexico. So your best bet is Mexico.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
  1. may be because of no VAS / vias office in Canada
  2. you can go to USA and complete Biometrics . i dont think as a tourist any issue. just need to provide local address for stay just in case if they ask.
I posted the official CIC response couple of pages back:

If you are in Canada and you receive a letter notifying you that you need to give biometrics, then you will have to leave Canada to do this. You should not travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. Instead, you should go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.