+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Ans 1: Biometrics not possible in Canada >> you can do it in USA if you have USA visa

Ans 2: yes Medical valid for 12 month. you can see your Medical exp. date when you link your allplcation into myCIC.
check in tracker link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368
line # 260

I called CIC. Biometrics -- your parent(s) need to complete in their home country. If they are in Canada now, either go to US if they have US visa or home country.

guyfromtoronto

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
I just received a new message in MyCIC for the bio-metrics request. Anyone who has question related to bio-metric request, can ask me.

One thing I noticed in the document is this:

Note: If you received this letter you must give your biometrics before coming to Canada and are not eligible to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a Canadian port of entry. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country to provide your biometrics.

My parents in law are in India, but for people whose parents are in Canada, please take a note of the above.

@YULIA-2016
Please update line #11
Bio-metrics requested today.

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received a new message in MyCIC for the bio-metrics request. Anyone who has question related to bio-metric request, can ask me.

Note: If you received this letter you must give your biometrics before coming to Canada and are not eligible to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a Canadian port of entry. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country to provide your biometrics.

My parents in law are in India, but for people whose parents are in Canada, please take a note of the above.

@YULIA-2016
Please update line #11
Great news. Congrats. Is there a time limit?

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

@YULIA-2016
Please update line #11
Did you receive an email that asked to you check updates/message on your MyCIC?

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019

@YULIA-2016
Please update line #11
Somewhere I read in cic website that if the applicant is already in Canada then they may be exempt from Biometrics requirement.
Is there anyone in second round 2018 PGP or 2019 whose parents are in Canada and they still got the Biometrics request?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

@YULIA-2016
Please update line #11
what is your Ecas status for Applicant?

guyfromtoronto

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Somewhere I read in cic website that if the applicant is already in Canada then they may be exempt from Biometrics requirement.
Is there anyone in second round 2018 PGP or 2019 whose parents are in Canada and they still got the Biometrics request?

I can only read this in the pdf:
Only those who are eligible to apply for a work permit or a study permit at a designated port of entry can give their biometrics upon arrival in Canada.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biometric not required from all country.

Biometric is required for all Applicant. (not from All country)
May 10th got Ecas update. you have to wait few week more.
My parents got biometric done last year, do think they will need to do again? I paid for the fees already.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
did you a also receive an email regarding this?

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
I can only read this in the pdf:
Only those who are eligible to apply for a work permit or a study permit at a designated port of entry can give their biometrics upon arrival in Canada.
Thanks...Here is what I got when I visited the link below:

If you apply for permanent residence and are in Canada

• You may qualify for an exemption from having to give biometrics. Find out more in the relevant application guide.
This is general guidance. Depending on your situation, you may need to give biometrics. If so, we’ll send you a letter to confirm that you need to.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=717&top=19