+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kulmk

Jun 30, 2019
Hi..i have sent app for parents for june 28 deadline on june 19..but still not showing update on canada post..is there anyway cic would accept after deadline?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi..i have sent app for parents for june 28 deadline on june 19..but still not showing update on canada post..is there anyway cic would accept after deadline?
I think if you can show some evidence of unexpected delay on the part of Canada Post they might consider.

Did you send it by Express post? How long was it supposed to take to get there?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
First, call CIC (try 8am-ish tomorrow) and see if your file is in the system at the Prospect File stage...

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
it was registered normal post..not xpress
So maybe it takes a while to get there. If your tracking shows that the package reached CIC eventually but past the deadline then You might have your application returned unfortunately.

Likely outcome.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
So maybe it takes a while to get there. If your tracking shows that the package reached CIC eventually but past the deadline then You might have your application returned unfortunately.

Likely outcome.
Dont worry .. even the normal post wont take more than a few days to reach ottawa . Your application must have made it , hopefully in a month or two it will show up in the system . good luck !!

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
You can call canada post to see if they delivered it then if you want to more peace of mind call the IRCC to ask if they received your application tomorrow. If they delivered it on June 19 usually it will take 2-3 days depends on what kind of service you purchased to deliver your application. But right now it will not show any update in the ECAS yet.

Reactions: K0c4nbi3t

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
it was registered normal post..not xpress
Registered post are the slowest in the process. Not sure why you choose this option. If you discussed this issue with the post office, they would have suggest xpress post. With registered post, Canada post will be able to tell you where it is. I hope it didn't missed the dead line.

Reactions: scylla

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Registered post are the slowest in the process. Not sure why you choose this option. If you discussed this issue with the post office, they would have suggest xpress post. With registered post, Canada post will be able to tell you where it is. I hope it didn't missed the dead line.
I sent mine by Xpresspost. Received 21 May.