28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
it was registered normal post..not xpress
That was a mistake unfortunately. You should have sent it using an express method of delivery with a guaranteed delivery date. You'll have to hope it arrived in time. Otherwise the application will most likely be returned.

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Sponsored people: Parents
Intend to live: AB
Country from: China
Invitation receive date: Apr 24 2019
Application received: May 8 2019
Ecas update: May 8 2019

How can I link the application to CIC account? Do I link to my parents CIC account or my CIC account? How long does CIC complete my application as a sponsor in Canada? My friend told me his parents received PR last year. It only took 8 months.

Last edited:

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
Sponsored people: Parents
Invitation receive date: Apr 24 2019
Application received: May 8 2019
Ecas update: May 8 2019

How can I link the application to CIC account? Do I link to my parents CIC account or my CIC account? How long does CIC complete my application as a sponsor in Canada? My friend told me his parents received PR last year. It only took 8 months.
To link your parents file to myCIC account, you will use your parents account. For sponsor updates, only ECAS is the source. But for your parents file you can check application status via ECAS and myCIC account after linking.
And for processing of applications, this year they will process atleast 20k applications as compared to last years 10k applications in first round so processing might take little longer than the previous years. Each case is different so you can't say that all cases should be processed at same time.

Reactions: bdidol and goog7890

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
thank you so much. May I ask what the difference between mycic account and Ecas? Can I get same update from both?
ECAS is not updated in real time but MyCIC is. MyCIC account can also be used to upload additional documents.

Reactions: goog7890

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
thank you so much. May I ask what the difference between mycic account and Ecas? Can I get same update from both?
eCAS : updated once a day, and provides updates on Sponsorship process as well as PR application process
my CIC : updates in real time but just provides updates on the PR application process. Also can be used to upload documents. eCAS often lags behind myCIC.

See my signature for links on how eCAS / myCIC look

Last edited:
Reactions: goog7890

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
To link your parents file to myCIC account, you will use your parents account. For sponsor updates, only ECAS is the source. But for your parents file you can check application status via ECAS and myCIC account after linking.
And for processing of applications, this year they will process atleast 20k applications as compared to last years 10k applications in first round so processing might take little longer than the previous years. Each case is different so you can't say that all cases should be processed at same time.
Thank you so much

Reactions: luckymystery

Fisch

Jan 27, 2019
Hi, does CIC normally notify us that they have received our application? I mailed the application early May and havent heard anything from CIC yet, except an email to remind us sending application before deadline. A little bit worried. Thanks for the help!

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
eCAS : updated once a day, and provides updates on Sponsorship process as well as PR application process
my CIC : updates in real time but just provides updates on the PR application process. Also can be used to upload documents. eCAS often lags behind myCIC.

See my signature for links on how eCAS / my CIC look
Where did you get the application number for your parents?
Hi, does CIC normally notify us that they have received our application? I mailed the application early May and havent heard anything from CIC yet, except an email to remind us sending application before deadline. A little bit worried. Thanks for the help!
CIC did not send me the email about they received my application. I checked eCAS (online tools). I entered my information instead of my parents info. I got update that they received both my application as sponsor and my parents application.

Fisch

Jan 27, 2019
I am the same situation. Just checked Ecas but no status at all.
Where did you get the application number for your parents?

CIC did not send me the email about they received my application. I checked eCAS (online tools). I entered my information instead of my parents info. I got update that they received both my application as sponsor and my parents application.
I checked ecas but no status showing up. When dis u mail ur application?

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
I do
I am the same situation. Just checked Ecas but no status at all.

I checked ecas but no status showing up. When dis u mail ur application?
May 8 CIC received my application. In ECAS, it shows May 8 received for both applications (me as sponsor and my parents)

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Via IRCC twitter channel, found an interesting case. Someone (Navdeep Singh Gill) got the confirmation email back in Jan but never received the EOI. Wondering if anyone else have heard anything similar?

IRCC advised him to send the application with an explanation letter. Not sure if he did that as was still asking questions on 26th.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Via IRCC twitter channel, found an interesting case. Someone (Navdeep Singh Gill) got the confirmation email back in Jan but never received the EOI. Wondering if anyone else have heard anything similar?

IRCC advised him to send the application with an explanation letter. Not sure if he did that as was still asking questions on 26th.
I heard at least 2 cases like this. They filled out the EOI and got confirmation #s but never got the invitation to sponsor. And their confirmation #s were not listed on IRCC website.

Another case i heard is his confirmation # was listed on IRCC website but he did not get invited. It turned out that he input the wrong email address when filling out EOI.

Reactions: bdidol