+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
May I ask why they asked divorce certificate and at what stage? If you're remarried and provided marriage certificate, do they still require ex-marriage divorce docs?
It's applicant's, requested on the same day when case started processing.

Reactions: Mitana

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Had a question on Family Size. I am sponsoring only my Mom. My dad WILL NOT be accompanying her to Canada. He is not well and cannot travel.
I have one child. So the family size is:
Myself+My Spouse+My Child+My Mom+My Dad (Although he will not accompany her)?

I read through all documentation and the guide clearly states that PA Spouse should be calculated in Family Size even if NOT accompanying?

Can you confirm? What are your thoughts?
Would also mention that if your father is unable to pass his medical your mind mother will not get PR.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Are you sure? I just checked checklist and all requirements, only asking for marriage certificate (of sponsor).
Lol ONLY current married certificate, how can you get married with someone while you are not legally divorce?? Official where you are living will verify your married status before allowing you enter to new legal relationship. That why CIC just asks your current relationship. He advised you but not requires by CIC unless you have it already just submit it if CIC does not need they will ignore it

Reactions: Mitana

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Ok in the letter I was asked to submit the June 2019 version

===========

IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation.

You must submit the most recent version of this form (06-2019). https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf
Are you sure you did not miss any signatures or information on this form ( you submitted just a few days after invited? You submitted on April there are no reason to ask you update new form? And remember not ONLY imm5406 was updated, if your forms were out of dated, they will ask for imm0008,imm1344,... it looks natural if they remind you must submit the most recent forms

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Are you sure? I just checked checklist and all requirements, only asking for marriage certificate (of sponsor).
Its not a requirement for PGP (its a requirement for spousal/common law sponsorship)....I did get a mix up of the forums as I was responding to both threads at that time :)

#EEC

May 19, 2019
I m waiting for request to resubmit 5669 as I missed hand written signature... But I have one query....
Should I mention travel history while resubmitting form... Earlier I didn't mentioned traveling because stay was less than 6 months....