+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
Hey, I was planning to invite my parents once I get my PR card.

My parents (live in India) don’t have birth certificate. Is it necessary to give their birth certificate for visit visa/super visa?

What all Documents are needed for parents? Please share your experiences regarding this.

Thank you!

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hey, I was planning to invite my parents once I get my PR card.

My parents (live in India) don’t have birth certificate. Is it necessary to give their birth certificate for visit visa/super visa?

What all Documents are needed for parents? Please share your experiences regarding this.

Thank you!
You likely are in the wrong thread. This focuses on 2019 PGP PR.

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
Hey guys, Has anyone received application number and request for biometrics? If so, when and when did they submitted their application?
Thanks!!

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
For birth certificates not in english, do we have to submit the (English) translated version notarized and also attach the original non translated birth certificate? I got a letter from CIC that the application is incomplete and to attach a notarized certified translated version with the original version of the birth certificate. Dont remember seeing this in the checklist that we should send the original one as well.

Glad that they gave me the opportunity to send these docs rather than returning the application as incomplete.

basic_instinct

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
I believe this is a mistake on their part for not making it clear.
on the Form it says TYPE in your name to sign it., nothing about hand signing it.
Then on the Doc check list, it says this form must be hand signed to be accepted.
it should say both type and hand sign on the form.
Wrong! In the form it state "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application"
This is applicable only if you submit the application online.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
By the way are you able to link your application? And your application number on CIC communication starts with F or XF?
One CANNOT, link or view status on eCAS if the application is in Prospect File stage i.e the application number starts with X. All you can do is keep checking daily (ecas or myCIC) with your UCI or the application number (minus the X) and hope that it shows up...

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Wrong! In the form it state "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application"
This is applicable only if you submit the application online.
It certainly was confusing between the application and doc checklist. That's probably why they stressed in multiple places that this application must be signed in hand. Agree that changing it in the application to make it clear would have been much easier!

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Lots of new members here, who haven't read the previous the past 780 pages and are asking the same basic questions, so I think I will repost this post (with some new trends in RED):

I am updating this (Original Post 7747 pg 517 & updated post 9203 pg 614) with some new info on timing etc. based on feedback from other members as the original post is now locked and cannot be edited per forum rules. Also, a lot of new members (who have just joined / haven't reviewed the past 780 pages) are asking some of the basic fundamental questions on timing / process etc.

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. (Emerging Trend: Every CO seems to have a different speed at which s/he processes the application....steps 8 to 12)
  8. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  9. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  10. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  11. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  12. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
  13. Emerging trends based on @YamPower 's case:
  • If one has missed sending forms / signatures etc. the CO's are requesting this information as opposed to outright rejection of application.
  • Once additional documents are requested, one has 30 days to submit these
  • Wait for the request from the CO to submit additional / missing documents before sending a new application all over again
  • CIC is offering no leniency on the minimum income requirement. Refer @karthikramda case.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 8 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 10-12 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
It certainly was confusing between the application and doc checklist. That's probably why they stressed in multiple places that this application must be signed in hand. Agree that changing it in the application to make it clear would have been much easier!
I used the Instruction Guide - IMM 5772 when completing the forms and found it very helpful in most of the cases.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
CIC Phone # 1888-242-2100 >> press 1 for English >> 2-1-3-0 right after you heard options to select.
What security/verification questions are asked by IRCC agent before providing answers? What information (Sponsor and/or PA) should we keep handy before dialling ?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Lots of new members here, who haven't read the previous the past 780 pages and are asking the same basic questions, so I think I will repost this post (with some new trends in RED):

I am updating this (Original Post 7747 pg 517 & updated post 9203 pg 614) with some new info on timing etc. based on feedback from other members as the original post is now locked and cannot be edited per forum rules. Also, a lot of new members (who have just joined / haven't reviewed the past 780 pages) are asking some of the basic fundamental questions on timing / process etc.

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. (Emerging Trend: Every CO seems to have a different speed at which s/he processes the application....steps 8 to 12)
  8. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  9. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  10. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  11. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  12. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
  13. Emerging trends based on @YamPower 's case:

• If one has missed sending forms / signatures etc. the CO's are requesting this information as opposed to outright rejection of application.
  • Once additional documents are requested, one has 30 days to submit these
  • Wait for the request from the CO to submit additional / missing documents before sending a new application all over again
  • CIC is offering no leniency on the minimum income requirement. Refer @karthikramda case.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 8 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 10-12 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.
You should just post this every page of the thread.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
You should just post this every page of the thread.
trust me, even if I find the post super useful, no matter how many times he posts it, no one will bother to read it. Some people didn't even read the instruction guide or even the checklist and you think they are going to read a post in a forum ?