+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

babs00

Jan 13, 2012
So, if we have missed on this form and there is still time for deadline, can we just sent this additional form again with signatures ? Why to wait for CIC to contact ?

My relative's documentts were delivered on 12 May. He got a letter from IRCC by email today to resubmit Form 5669-Schedule A with signatures by hand within 30 days as the form sent earlier was e-signed which he is doing immediately. Blessing in disguise is that he got the file number starting with XF.
At least we can say that they give you 30 days regardless of the end date of submitting PGP applications (28th June). This should be enough time to produce any missing/additional document that they ask for.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I can see my ecas today. Application received for sponsorship and PR.

IRCC working Saturday? Until yesterday I was unable to see ecas status.
File was submitted on May 9th.
Looks like tracker is showing slow but steady progress on May7/8/9 currently.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
So, if we have missed on this form and there is still time for deadline, can we just sent this additional form again with signatures ? Why to wait for CIC to contact ?
There are couple reasons,
1. Your application is not in the system yet. Even if you send the form, they will be confused and likely will not be able to link your form to your application package (which is probably in a pile with hundreds of others).
2. When they contact you first, they will provide more specific instructions, which will help to quickly locate your application package when they receive the form.
3. If you look back a couple post, even though s/he submitted the missing form via webform, they were still unable to link it to the application.
4. We are still not sure if missing a form will result in the whole application gets returned or just a request for extra document. It is still up to the CO (what happened in this forum is just one specific case, there is no set rules on IRCC about this).

In my opinion, just wait for IRCC to contact you first. They will provide sufficient time for you to submit the document.

Sartaj

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
06 june 2019
Hello everyone my application was received on June 6th. Before submitting application i got my 2016 income reassesed and paid tax with interest. Although I have attached NOA’s from 2016-18 years but I have also consented to cic in forms.
I wonder if there would be a problem with reassessment if anyone else is in same boat?

PERL

Oct 6, 2010
Lots of new members here, who haven't read the previous the past 780 pages and are asking the same basic questions, so I think I will repost this post (with some new trends in RED):

I am updating this (Original Post 7747 pg 517 & updated post 9203 pg 614) with some new info on timing etc. based on feedback from other members as the original post is now locked and cannot be edited per forum rules. Also, a lot of new members (who have just joined / haven't reviewed the past 780 pages) are asking some of the basic fundamental questions on timing / process etc.

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. (Emerging Trend: Every CO seems to have a different speed at which s/he processes the application....steps 8 to 12)
  8. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  9. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  10. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  11. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  12. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
  13. Emerging trends based on @YamPower 's case:

• If one has missed sending forms / signatures etc. the CO's are requesting this information as opposed to outright rejection of application.
  • Once additional documents are requested, one has 30 days to submit these
  • Wait for the request from the CO to submit additional / missing documents before sending a new application all over again
  • CIC is offering no leniency on the minimum income requirement. Refer @karthikramda case.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 8 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 10-12 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.

This is an excellent post, kudos to you! It will help people understand the process and stay calm. Do you know what is the process after Step 13? If CO requests any missing documents, do they put your file back and another CO is assigned or when you submit the documents same CO picks up and process continues with the same CO?
Also, is any step in the whole process different if the applicant is already in Canada on Super Visa?

babs00

Jan 13, 2012
I submitted my application, does anyone what's the timeline for when and what to expect next from the CIC ?
Just one post above you....

zeiesfirdaus said:
Lots of new members here, who haven't read the previous the past 780 pages and are asking the same basic questions, so I think I will repost this post (with some new trends in RED):

I am updating this (Original Post 7747 pg 517 & updated post 9203 pg 614) with some new info on timing etc. based on feedback from other members as the original post is now locked and cannot be edited per forum rules. Also, a lot of new members (who have just joined / haven't reviewed the past 780 pages) are asking some of the basic fundamental questions on timing / process etc.

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. (Emerging Trend: Every CO seems to have a different speed at which s/he processes the application....steps 8 to 12)
  8. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  9. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  10. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  11. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  12. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
  13. Emerging trends based on @YamPower 's case:

• If one has missed sending forms / signatures etc. the CO's are requesting this information as opposed to outright rejection of application.
  • Once additional documents are requested, one has 30 days to submit these
  • Wait for the request from the CO to submit additional / missing documents before sending a new application all over again
  • CIC is offering no leniency on the minimum income requirement. Refer @karthikramda case.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 8 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 10-12 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Hello everyone my application was received on June 6th. Before submitting application i got my 2016 income reassesed and paid tax with interest. Although I have attached NOA’s from 2016-18 years but I have also consented to cic in forms.
I wonder if there would be a problem with reassessment if anyone else is in same boat?
If you forgot to include t4, it's not an issue, but if it is self employed income, it can be red flag and depending how much it was changed, if your income was increased just enough for meeting threashold.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
If you forgot to include t4, it's not an issue, but if it is self employed income, it can be red flag and depending how much it was changed, if your income was increased just enough for meeting threashold.
Personally I do not think this is an issue, whatever accepted and adjusted officially by CRA this means CIC will not question it. CRA will red lag not CIC, CIC works for immigration not taxes

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
This is an excellent post, kudos to you! It will help people understand the process and stay calm. Do you know what is the process after Step 13? If CO requests any missing documents, do they put your file back and another CO is assigned or when you submit the documents same CO picks up and process continues with the same CO?
Also, is any step in the whole process different if the applicant is already in Canada on Super Visa?

As far as I know, your CO stays the same. As in, you will have one CO for the Sponsorship approval and then another CO for the Applicants PR application (naturally, as the file is transferred to a local office). At least this was the case appx 10-12 years ago when I was going through my PR/and I sponsored my spouse. And from what I have read, this is still the process.

Same steps irrespective of Super Visa.

Post Step 13 is usual sponsorship / PR process as documented on CIC website:
Sponsorship approval
File transferred to Local Visa office
PR application review for Principal Applicant + Dep
Request for Medical / PCC and Biometrics
Further review
Approval

Look at the tracker, the steps are nicely documented...

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Personally I do not think this is an issue, whatever accepted and adjusted officially by CRA this means CIC will not question it. CRA will red lag not CIC, CIC works for immigration not taxes
CRA doesn't know that the income may be manipulated for sponsorship eligibility, but nobody knows what information CRA and IRCC are sharing. So if something is reasonable and possible to explain, then there will not be a problem. But don't underestimate the officers judgment and possibilities. They have the right to suspect, and who knows how they deal with such situations.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
CRA doesn't know that the income may be manipulated for sponsorship eligibility, but nobody knows what information CRA and IRCC are sharing. So if something is reasonable and possible to explain, then there will not be a problem. But don't underestimate the officers judgment and possibilities. They have the right to suspect, and who knows how they deal with such situations.
Just think simply. We missed income for previous years and canada tax laws allow us to reclaim. When we reclaim, appropriate information and proofs are provided. CRA reassessed you. I dont think CIC and CRA will fight each other and disagree with themself

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13