+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
CRA doesn't know that the income may be manipulated for sponsorship eligibility, but nobody knows what information CRA and IRCC are sharing. So if something is reasonable and possible to explain, then there will not be a problem. But don't underestimate the officers judgment and possibilities. They have the right to suspect, and who knows how they deal with such situations.
Suspect that if you haven’t released your CRA records the visa officers will look bit more carefully at many applications especially if they are somewhat close to the LICO cut-offs and your salary doesn’t put you over the LICO amount If you have submitted previous NOA they May look at those. Both IRCC and CRA are aware that people are resubmitting income to qualify for PGP. Some have forgotten to count income but some are also committing fraud to qualify for PGP. It is pretty coincidental that right as you are submitting your PGP application you submit your income tax from 3 years ago for reassessment and I’m guessing the income went from not meeting LICO from being above LICO.

Reactions: K0c4nbi3t

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Suspect that if you haven’t released your CRA records the visa officers will look bit more carefully at many applications especially if they are somewhat close to the LICO cut-offs and your salary doesn’t put you over the LICO amount If you have submitted previous NOA they May look at those. Both IRCC and CRA are aware that people are resubmitting income to qualify for PGP. Some have forgotten to count income but some are also committing fraud to qualify for PGP. It is pretty coincidental that right as you are submitting your PGP application you submit your income tax from 3 years ago for reassessment and I’m guessing the income went from not meeting LICO from being above LICO.
Anyone who does not give permission for directly access tax record will be scrutinized more and in non routine route which add extra 2-3 years in processing time

Reactions: Canada_Super

Arjun_Singh_76

Jul 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Interview........
Waived
Hi guys have any of the forms changed in June. I downloaded the application package in may and about to submit tomorrow.

Arjun

Ultimate_One

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
7-11-2015
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
Guys i have a small question....actually 2...any help is highly appriciated!

1) I provided my SIN but i didn't provided my NOA (I thought they dont need it and they will check themselves from CRA) for previous years and since i never saw the requirement of NOA...my income is more than lico for 3 years....is there going to be an issue because i never provided NOA myself? or shd i send a webform right now?

2) My application was received on 19 june so i guess its going to be around first week of august that i will get an aor(i actually sent 2 duplicate application packages due to a confusion and both were received around 19 june) .....now my question is any idea when my parents are going to be asked for biometrics since they both are here in canada with me...and i have to plan for their visits to either USA or mexico or Pakistan for biometrics!

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi guys have any of the forms changed in June. I downloaded the application package in may and about to submit tomorrow.

Arjun
3 Forms were changed.. Minor changes.... like addition of third gender etc..

But you can ignore it... since earlier forms are also being sent many of us...
Large number of people have already submitted their applications before these changes...

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Guys i have a small question....actually 2...any help is highly appriciated!

1) I provided my SIN but i didn't provided my NOA (I thought they dont need it and they will check themselves from CRA) for previous years and since i never saw the requirement of NOA...my income is more than lico for 3 years....is there going to be an issue because i never provided NOA myself? or shd i send a webform right now?

2) My application was received on 19 june so i guess its going to be around first week of august that i will get an aor(i actually sent 2 duplicate application packages due to a confusion and both were received around 19 june) .....now my question is any idea when my parents are going to be asked for biometrics since they both are here in canada with me...and i have to plan for their visits to either USA or mexico or Pakistan for biometrics!
1) There is no requirement to submit NOA if you provide IRCC with your SIN. The document checklist clearly stated this, which probably made you come to the conclusion mentioned in your post.

2) Noone knows at this point and time. Even the timeline to receive AOR is still a blur. However, there are lots of biometrics locations internationally for your parents to go to if it comes down to that. They will provide you with sufficient time to do so.

Ultimate_One

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
7-11-2015
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
So the rule for biometric compulsory requirements is only in effect end 2018 so last year people do not need to do biometric, question is when will they ask for biometric and when is the biometric centre inside Canada is opened this year?
Did you got the answer to this?