+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
:D No please you don't confuse yourself. My partner is co-signing -- so do I need to count him now ? now my family size will be 3 or 4? I did total 4
oh u are asking about family size, not the "provide the details on the back of the page".. got it.

yes, ur partner will count on the calculation, regardless of him/her co-signing it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

To calculate your family size, include:
  • yourself
  • your spouse or common-law partner (who could also be your co-signer)
  • your dependent children
    • only include your children if they meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • your spouse’s or partner’s dependent children
    • only include children who meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • any other person you (and your co-signer, if applicable) may have sponsored in the past, for whom you’re still financially responsible
  • the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse

Reactions: lynne197910

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
oh u are asking about family size, not the "provide the details on the back of the page".. got it.

yes, ur partner will count on the calculation, regardless of him/her co-signing it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

To calculate your family size, include:
  • yourself
  • your spouse or common-law partner (who could also be your co-signer)
  • your dependent children
    • only include your children if they meet the definition of a dependent child
  • your spouse’s or partner’s dependent children
    • only include children who meet the definition of a dependent child
  • any other person you (and your co-signer, if applicable) may have sponsored in the past, for whom you’re still financially responsible
  • the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse
Now I recall this information as well. I was wondering why the heck I have entered 1 for the following:
5. Your spouse, if not included in 3 above. above. Provide details on the back of this page if he or she is not co-signing the undertaking

so, yes now make sense. I have to count him .. enter 1 here - which will make my family size 4 .... but I don't have to enter his details on next page as He is co-signing. Correct?

This is clear scenario - Over reading can sometimes be dangerous lol

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hi All,

I know that if document like birth certificate or marriage certificate is not in english or franch language then i need to get English translation and get affidavit as well.
My question is do I need to submit actual translated document and affidavit on which notary signed or i can submit photocopy of translated document and affidavit?
Same question for certified copy of original document. Can i submit photocopy of certified copy or i have to submit actual certified copy?

Thanks.
actual certified copy and actual translated document

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Now I recall this information as well. I was wondering why the heck I have entered 1 for the following:
5. Your spouse, if not included in 3 above. above. Provide details on the back of this page if he or she is not co-signing the undertaking

so, yes now make sense. I have to count him .. enter 1 here - which will make my family size 4 .... but I don't have to enter his details on next page as He is co-signing. Correct?

if u are referring to Q11 - no, do not add him there. he should sign Q16 and add his info Q17 though.

and yes, over reading/overthinking will drive you insane :p

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
if u are referring to Q11 - no, do not add him there. he should sign Q16 and add his info Q17 though.

and yes, over reading/overthinking will drive you insane :p
yes I was referring to Q11

yes he has signed in for Q16 and we filled in his information Q17.

Can you refer to me the screenshots people have attached in this thread for employment history (when you have multiple employers for a tax year) ? I went like 50 pages back already,could not find it? I remember seeing it over the weekend. But this thread is getting very long

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
yes I was referring to Q11

yes he has signed in for Q16 and we filled in his information Q17.

Can you refer to me the screenshots people have attached in this thread for employment history (when you have multiple employers for a tax year) ? I went like 50 pages back already,could not find it? I remember seeing it over the weekend. But this thread is getting very long
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/a-guide-for-preparing-parents-sponsorship-immigration-application.569846/

i used it too - https://ibb.co/7kTH41Y :)

and yes, this thread gets longer and longer very quickly. there is a search button on the top of the page (if u are using a desktop) that might make ur life easier. just make sure u select "search this thread only" and u will be able to find stuff using key words ;)

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/a-guide-for-preparing-parents-sponsorship-immigration-application.569846/

i used it too - https://ibb.co/7kTH41Y :)

and yes, this thread gets longer and longer very quickly. there is a search button on the top of the page (if u are using a desktop) that might make ur life easier. just make sure u select "search this thread only" and u will be able to find stuff using key words ;)
ahhh i was looking for that search option but couldn't find it earlier. Thanks next time I will try it.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
This is how I did it :
I printed this form in 2 different ways:

#1:
https://snag.gy/5WqAoh.jpg

#2:
https://snag.gy/Cb0Hjg.jpg

which one is better? I have both styles printed and signed.
personally the first one made more sense to me but i can't really tell u which one is better...
are u giving CIC authorization to check with CRA? if yes, i wouldn't worry to much about it as they will be able to pull out all the information needed :)

Reactions: newtoforum2

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

absolutely correct.

Reactions: newtoforum2

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Mailed our package last week but made a blunder and lost the tracking number from Canada Post. Nothing to do now but wait for the AOR I suppose. Anyone know how long it usually takes for the application to be in progress?
It will be delivered and there is no chance for missed mail. You have to be patience and wait. For estimation, you can use 2+ days from the day you mailed for the delivery for future reference.

The current processing time for ecas is 4-6 weeks. Given the deadline is coming and lot more applications will be sent in next two wks, this time might be longer.