Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
Can someone please add my in formation to the tracker.
Sponsoring my parents in India
Invite received: April 25
Application received by cic: June 10 (As per Canada post) not checked ecas yet
Province: BC

Thank you

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Can someone please add my in formation to the tracker.
Sponsoring my parents in India
Invite received: April 25
Application received by cic: June 10 (As per Canada post) not checked ecas yet
Province: BC

Thank you
Hey there

In how many days your application was delivered? Did you use xpresspost or Priority mail from Canada Post?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
I am in the same boat too, my parents are separated and I'm sponsoring my mom. Please read what I have researched below as this is my basis.

5.11. Inadmissibility and non-accompanying family members

All family members, whether accompanying the principal applicant or not, are required to be examined unless an officer decides otherwise. Normally, an inadmissible family member, whether accompanying or not, would render the principal applicant inadmissible. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule described in R23. The first is the separated spouse of the applicant and the second is where a child of the applicant who is in the legal custody of someone other than the applicant or an accompanying family member of the applicant, or where someone other than the applicant or accompanying family member of the applicant is empowered to act on behalf of that child by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law.

Satisfactory documentary proof of a separation and of custody being with someone other than the applicant is required. A separation agreement or custody papers are examples of acceptable proof. Officers will not issue a permanent resident visa to separated spouses, common-law partners or children in the custody of someone else, even if they are examined. This is because separated spouses and partners are not members of the family class as per R117(9)(c) and because children in the custody of someone else are non-accompanying family members.

Officers should be open to the possibility that a client may not be able to make a family member available for examination. If an applicant has done everything in their power to have their family member examined but has failed to do so, and the officer is satisfied that they are aware of the consequences of this (i.e., no future sponsorship possible), then a refusal of their application for non-compliance would not be appropriate.

The intent of R117(9)(d), R117(10) and R117(11) is to ensure that persons whom the sponsor made a conscious decision to exclude (either by not declaring and/or not having the persons examined) from their own application for permanent residence cannot later benefit by being sponsored by this same person as a member of the family class.

Separated spouse
Where a spouse was not examined as part of the application for permanent residence because the applicant and spouse were separated and examination was not required, the spouse cannot later be sponsored as a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to the sponsor. This was true under R4(2) of the previous legislation and it is still valid under R117(9)(d) of the current legislation.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
This absolutely answers many questions have been asked. Thanks for your researched.

Reactions: desmonddoss

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Mailed our package last week but made a blunder and lost the tracking number from Canada Post. Nothing to do now but wait for the AOR I suppose. Anyone know how long it usually takes for the application to be in progress?
uhhhhh a.while.
i wouldn't expect anything until... late july/ early august

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hey guys

I might be repeating this question but I am stressing out as I am re-reviewing all the documents again. This imm 5768 is making me so stressed out. I don't think I got it right. The guide is confusing me. More I am reading it more I am getting confused. So, here is the situation - My spouse is co-signing on this sponsorship application of my parents.

2. You ----- 1
3. A) Current Undertaking ---- 2
B) ---- empty
4. empty again for all boxes
5. Your spouse or common law partner,if not included in 3, above. Provide details on the back of this page, if he or she is not co-signing the undertaking ----- 1 (I entered one here )
6. empty
7. Total number of persons -- 4

so, the above red colored line has confused me.I guess I filled the form wrong. I don't need to enter 1 .. which will further make my family size 3

Am I understanding this right ?
hey @danny_scars please help me on this.

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
Hi All,

I know that if document like birth certificate or marriage certificate is not in english or franch language then i need to get English translation and get affidavit as well.
My question is do I need to submit actual translated document and affidavit on which notary signed or i can submit photocopy of translated document and affidavit?
Same question for certified copy of original document. Can i submit photocopy of certified copy or i have to submit actual certified copy?

Thanks.

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
what is ur question?
"Provide details on the back of this page, if he or she is not co-signing the undertaking"
u said ur spouse is co-signing.. that doesn't apply to you...

now i am confused, lol
:D No please you don't confuse yourself. My partner is co-signing -- so do I need to count him now ? now my family size will be 3 or 4? I did total 4