+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

BBGM

Apr 26, 2019
Hi all
Which postal companies have you all been using? I know it’s probably somewhere in the thread but too long now to wisp through.

I was thinking Canada post but not sure.

Thanks

MassHunter

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Spouse Sponsorship
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Doc's Request.
31-08-2019 (Updated PCC Req.)
AOR Received.
31-12-2018
File Transfer...
13-03-2019 (FT), 22-03-2019 (AOR2)
Med's Request
16-01-2019 (Bio Req), 17-01-2019 (Med Req),
Med's Done....
31-01-2019 (Medical Done), 06-02-2019 (Bio Done), PCC submitted with application
Hi..I just called CIC...I was thinking of not doing it until yesterday as other applications around my timeline in the tracker have no updates yet but I gave into the temptation today and called. There was a wait time of 24 mins so wasn't that bad. Number used 18882422100 (dialled 3-4-1-0 directly once the call was placed to get to the agent) One of the members had shared this in the forum and it saved time. Thanks!

The agent asked me when did my file reach Ottawa and since it had reached on May 21st, she was not ready to check my file status. After a little persuasion, she agreed and I gave her my UCI number. She asked a few other details and told me that my file was received on May 21st but has not gone into processing. It should be looked at by a case officer in the coming few weeks. She was very reluctant to share the temporary file number but upon insisting, I got it. It starts with 'XF'. I tried to link the application id 'F' onwards but the system is not able to find it.

I know I am not sharing anything new but if there are others whose files have been received around May 21st and do not see ECAS updates, you can be sure that they have made it to the system but haven't been assigned to anyone yet.

Another thing that I would like to share is that I had not entered my UCI on the application although I had it, but CIC has it attached to my application in their system. They are able to link our files to our UCI even if we do not supply it.
with temporary file number you cannot check your application status in any way, neither ECAS nor GCKey. The temporary file number just tells you that they have your file, which the operator confirmed you as well. You will have to wait for further updates

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi all
Which postal companies have you all been using? I know it’s probably somewhere in the thread but too long now to wisp through.

Thanks
I used Canada Post. Doesn't really make a difference which company you use, the chances of the mail getting lost is very low particularly if you have it tracked.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi all

Thanks

Most people xpress post which comes with default signature option, no neee to pay extra. 2 days delivery.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi all

Thanks
canada post delivers within 3 biz days and what most of us used

redmonkey1995

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
So I called today to IRCC call centre to ask why I do not receive AOR email but only can link to myCIC. The agent initially was very nasty when she heard about checking status on PGP, she probably received hundred of calls on this and she said it is too early to check status and ask for AOR etc, when I said my application reached 1 May, she said normally it takes 3 months for AOR so please call back in 2 months time, she said people like me who call too early is probably delaying other with more important questions. I was a bit taken a back by her aggressive tone and her nastiness but I quickly calmed down and recognize that she may have received this kind of questions over and over again and may be irritated when repeatedly have to deal with this kind of anxiousness from us. I was then changed my tone and told her nicely my story, I told her that I have tried over the last 12 years to sponsor my parents, earlier I was rejected after waiting a few years due to short of a few thousands in income, then I worked 2 jobs just to make sure I can sponsor my parents but I was missed out by people queuing at Mississauga to submit by post, and I went to depressions 4 times when not selected in the lottery etc, and I told her my children miss their grandparents so much and how I spent over 10K a year to go back home to visit them so my kids can meet them. The agent then completely changed her attitude and she became super nice, she checked the systems and verify every details in the app and she said someone is processing my case and that officer often review all the cases he got and then send all AOR at once, she also said that nothing to worry if the F file has been created as that would mean they have look at all the docs and think they are sufficient to process the case. So good luck everyone and be nice to call center agents!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
So I called today to IRCC call centre to ask why I do not receive AOR email but only can link to myCIC. The agent initially was very nasty when she heard about checking status on PGP, she probably received hundred of calls on this and she said it is too early to check status and ask for AOR etc, when I said my application reached 1 May, she said normally it takes 3 months for AOR so please call back in 2 months time, she said people like me who call too early is probably delaying other with more important questions. I was a bit taken a back by her aggressive tone and her nastiness but I quickly calmed down and recognize that she may have received this kind of questions over and over again and may be irritated when repeatedly have to deal with this kind of anxiousness from us. I was then changed my tone and told her nicely my story, I told her that I have tried over the last 12 years to sponsor my parents, earlier I was rejected after waiting a few years due to short of a few thousands in income, then I worked 2 jobs just to make sure I can sponsor my parents but I was missed out by people queuing at Mississauga to submit by post, and I went to depressions 4 times when not selected in the lottery etc, and I told her my children miss their grandparents so much and how I spent over 10K a year to go back home to visit them so my kids can meet them. The agent then completely changed her attitude and she became super nice, she checked the systems and verify every details in the app and she said someone is processing my case and that officer often review all the cases he got and then send all AOR at once, she also said that nothing to worry if the F file has been created as that would mean they have look at all the docs and think they are sufficient to process the case. So good luck everyone and be nice to call center agents!
People like you are bogging down IRCC staff with questions that really make absolutely NO DIFFERENCE to the whole application process except calm your ANXIETY.

Can you imagine if all day the staff at IRCC are just taking calls from people telling their genuine sad stories and listening to them patiently and emphatically? Nothing by way of the actual processing of application will get done! Meanwhile those who keep calling "THINK" they are getting somewhere just because they have some frankly insignificant FILE NUMBER!

Geez! Leave them alone and let them do the work!

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
What a wonderful story of two human beings understanding each others point of view.

Reactions: YamPower

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
People like you are bogging down IRCC staff with questions that really make absolutely NO DIFFERENCE to the whole application process except calm your ANXIETY.

Can you imagine if all day the staff at IRCC are just taking calls from people telling their genuine sad stories and listening to them patiently and emphatically? Nothing by way of the actual processing of application will get done! Meanwhile those who keep calling "THINK" they are getting somewhere just because they have some frankly insignificant FILE NUMBER!

Geez! Leave them alone and let them do the work!
CIC Call Centre Agents are different from Case Officers. Just saying...Point taken nevertheless

Last edited:

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
They dont bother whether you own a corporation. You can write employed by your corporation.

The important part is your NOA line 150. That shows how much income you earn (or pay yourself) and pay personal income taxes on.

I have a professional corporation and pay myself too.
Thank you.

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
@YULIA-2016

Parents country - China
Prov - ON
Invitation received on April 25
Application sent - April 26
Application Received in Ottawa - April 29
ECAS - Application Received April 29

I can link my app and see a file number as of May 31, 2019. But no AOR.
Thank you.