+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi all. I have a question about Form IMM 0008. I just received the filled out form from my parents and on the left-hand side, bottom corner it reads (02-2019). I just went online to check the form and it now reads (06-2019). Do they need to redo the form?
IMM 1344, IMM 0008 and IMM 5406 have all been updated now. As expected, this is NOT yet reflected where it's supposed to and this page still has the old dates for these forms.

What does it mean for you? In general, old forms might be rejected.

If you already sent the forms, you don't need to do anything.
If you're just gathering the documents and don't have signatures yet, use the new forms.
If you were just about to send the old forms, and it would take much effort to get new signatures, I can't tell you what to do. Maybe try to get some official response. dnar, this seems to be your option of the three.

Reactions: HKIMM

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, quick question. I am stuck on financial evaluation form and need some clarity. Under my employment history I had some part times along the way in the past 3 years (I am meeting criteria), my question is do I mention a job where I only worked a month? I am not able to put them down one after the other. For eg, in 2018 I worked one job for only a month say from Jan 18, 2018-Feb 15, 2018 and got a new job (which will end up being my full time)from 21 feb, 2018- 31 dec, 2018 and my third job (was in continuation from 2017) is from Jan 1, 2018- Oct 22, 2018. So I am confused coz my 1st and 2nd job has a gap of like 5 days even though I was never unemployed and had my 3rd job in the meanwhile. I will really be thankful if anyone can help me provide their insight for this.
Agree you should list all jobs. Make an attachment if necessary.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
IMM 1344, IMM 0008 and IMM 5406 have all been updated now. As expected, this is NOT yet reflected where it's supposed to and this page still has the old dates for these forms.

What does it mean for you? In general, old forms might be rejected.

If you already sent the forms, you don't need to do anything.
If you're just gathering the documents and don't have signatures yet, use the new forms.
If you were just about to send the old forms, and it would take much effort to get new signatures, I can't tell you what to do. Maybe try to get some official response. dnar, this seems to be your option of the three.
As long as it mentions on document checklist ( online forms shows dates) your are fine. I checked document checklists. It is showing same since they posted it. Specially the date you signed.

#EEC

May 19, 2019
It is very simple...

Fill up the form in English and mention that names in native language are as per table 1, 2 and 3 (section wise)

Make out a table (document file) with same columns as per form:
Fill the columns again in table and in the same column of name alongside name in English
paste the version of name in native language.. for name in native language use Google or any other such as http://www.easynepalityping.com/type-punjabi

ਗੁਲਸ਼ਨ ਕੁਮਾਰ (Gulshan Kumar)

Signe the table
Put your name and date
Attach with form..
Is it compulsory to write in native language...
What if someone miss out...

Anwar989

May 9, 2019
Hey guys,
quick question: So, I am applying to sponsor my mother

In the financial evaluation form, question 3(A) Number of persons included in box #3 of the generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008), under section Application details.

If I am only sponsoring my mother, what number will I put in that box?

Sherryr

Jun 3, 2019
Hi, I need help about question 3 A at financial evaluation form!
My parents are divorced so I apply separate for them and should fill up this form twice! It means the case is similar to the time that we apply for parents and grandparents separate!
Now my question is about the number I should enter at question 3-A while my husband is co-signer as well and we have never been sponsor for anybody before and we have no children!
Which number should I enter at that box?
Thank you

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Has Anyone received any Application numbers to track it. If yes, what it says?
Yes, if you check on here most people applied before May have received the application number. It is F00XXXXXX format and you can use it to link to MyCIC. It will show the most updated status or if IRCC has sent out a communication to you.

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Is it compulsory to write in native language...
What if someone miss out...
I personally don't think it is compulsory to write in native language... but... since they have asked specifically and if you can write in native language, you should do...

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hey guys,
quick question: So, I am applying to sponsor my mother

In the financial evaluation form, question 3(A) Number of persons included in box #3 of the generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008), under section Application details.

If I am only sponsoring my mother, what number will I put in that box?
1 mother + 1 father (I wish he is alive) + ?? dependents of your mother and father... the total will be in box 3 of form IMM 0008

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
My parents are divorced so I apply separate for them and should fill up this form twice! It means the case is similar to the time that we apply for parents and grandparents separate!
Now my question is about the number I should enter at question 3-A while my husband is co-signer as well and we have never been sponsor for anybody before and we have no children!
Thank you
What a situation...

since, you wish to sponsor both of them, they are now separate identity and therefore there should be 2 separate applications where they both will be principle applicants independently ... (if they are divorced legally)...

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Thank you
3A = 1 (let it be your father)
3Bi = 1 (let this be your mother or vice versa)

if they don't have any dependent...

column 7 = 4 (you, your husband, your mother, your father)